How Soon Can You Set To Flower?

• Thread starter 420budz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420budz

420budz

So today I set up the grow tent and so far the little girls have perked up under the t5 and all the reflectivity. The bigger ones have always had leaf issues, tacoing and such.
1. I did notice that the leaves on the smaller one is developing some yellowish spots. Is this heat issues?
2. How soon can you set plants to flower? I've heard 8 inches. I've had these bigger ones for a few months and they don't grow. The seedlings are almost taller than the ones that ive had for months. Was thinking about setting them all on 12/12 but is that too soon for the smaller ones?

How soon can you set to flower
How soon can you set to flower 2
G gnome

G gnome

So today I set up the grow tent and so far the little girls have perked up under the t5 and all the reflectivity. The bigger ones have always had leaf issues, tacoing and such.
1. I did notice that the leaves on the smaller one is developing some yellowish spots. Is this heat issues?
2. How soon can you set plants to flower? I've heard 8 inches. I've had these bigger ones for a few months and they don't grow. The seedlings are almost taller than the ones that ive had for months. Was thinking about setting them all on 12/12 but is that too soon for the smaller ones?
U cudda began flowering from seed if u wanted....theres no set time or size

420budz

420budz

U cudda began flowering from seed if u wanted....theres no set time or size[/QUOTE
@G gnome ok cool. This being my first grow I think I'll give them another couple weeks and set them to flower and then start over with seedlings. Can you take clones after they've started flowering? I assume not but again, I'm s newbie.

420budz

420budz

I keep my t5 s just 4-5 inches over the plants. You might try lowering yours.

@BudBogart I was wondering about that. I wasn't sure if the heat would affect them too much. I will try 5 inches and see how they respond. Thanks.

420budz

420budz

Thats false. U can literally grow out a seedling on 12/12 ppl do it all the time. Not the best practice imo but it can be done.

Be careful. Theres a lotta ppl on here giving advice that dont know what they're talking about. ....
@G gnome thanks for the info. I wouldn't turn mine so soon as id like them to be bigger but I had these smaller one in with the bigger ones and wanted to see if it was cool to just set all if them to flower. So being that you can set them to flower so soon I'm well beyond that point.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Use the back of tour hand for a heat test for light height from canopy tops. For your t5, about 12" should be good. And have a fan circulating the tent air as well. Plus your needed intake and exhaust, or just exhaust fan.

From clone you can flower any time. From seed you can also, but it's best to let the plant come to maturity a bit before you flip. It can and has been done both ways.

Last edited:
G gnome

G gnome

@G gnome thanks for the info. I wouldn't turn mine so soon as id like them to be bigger but I had these smaller one in with the bigger ones and wanted to see if it was cool to just set all if them to flower. So being that you can set them to flower so soon I'm well beyond that point.
I wudnt flip mine so soon either but the question was how soon can u flower not how soon wud/shud u flower and the correct answer is any damn time u want. Heres a link to a guy runnin 12/12 from seed.....

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/my-12-12-from-seed.89231/

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Thats false. U can literally grow out a seedling on 12/12 ppl do it all the time. Not the best practice imo but it can be done.

Be careful. Theres a lotta ppl on here giving advice that dont know what they're talking about. ....

I am aware that you can flower 12/12 from seed but it won't start for about 3 weeks. You will have a larger yield if you veg for three weeks first. ( In my opinion).

Last edited:
GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Why would u want to flower while they are still so small you won't get hardley anything off them. But to you question u can flower at any height just don't expect a OZ or nothing crazy. Yellow spots good mean a few things maybe your nutes are off what kind of soil are u using PH? Need more info the my friend

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

Why would u want to flower while they are still so small you won't get hardley anything off them. But to you question u can flower at any height just don't expect a OZ or nothing crazy. Yellow spots good mean a few things maybe your nutes are off what kind of soil are u using PH? Need more info the my friend
They need some TLC first I would not put them into flower either.

420budz

420budz

Use the back of tour hand for a heat test for light height from canopy tops. For your t5, about 12" should be good. And have a fan circulating the tent air as well. Plus your needed intake and exhaust, or just exhaust fan.

From clone you can flower any time. From seed you can also, but it's best to let the plant come to maturity a bit before you flip. It can and has been done both ways.
@G gnome I will definitely set the lights closer. I do have a fan lightly blowing then around but I will need an exhaust fan.

420budz

420budz

Thanks man. I will do that. Man you guys are awesome. Definitely tons off experience.

Top Bottom