How soon

• Thread starter King7
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

King7

How old does a female has to be before a male can pollinate her? I am trying to make a cross but, I really don't have any where to keep the male.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
she has to have pistils, aka hairs showin to pollinate.

flower the male along side the female, if ya can, keep the male back a week. once the male lets loose some sacks, get a brush and brush pollen all over the female hairs, if ya do this in the first weeks of flowerin, then remove the male and waterdown the female to kill remainin pollens.

you will get a bit smaller buds, and all your seed will be at the bottom of your buds, and along the main stem.

or leave the male with the female and make a shit load of seed:D

CBF

K

King7

Well the female has been flowering for about 2 weeks or so, and the male a little less. But they both are in the back yard and I don't want all seeds so I wanna know how long I got before the male puts out enough for the wind to carry it or vice versa.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
as soon as you see the balls on the male point downwards, hes ready to release.

let um grow some balls, and wait till ya see one open, then start hittin the female, when you have dusted enough, kill the male.

you can tell if the female has been pollied. the hairs will twist up and brown out.

it usually takes 2 weeks to see hairs, balls usually come abit earlier. so when you see your female sproutin hairs, start lookin at the male close. you will have plenty of time when you can plainly see the balls on the male before he starts spewin.

CBF

CBF

Supporter
you can just pick a fresh opened male flower in between your fingers and smear it on a female flower, will work just fine, so when the male flowers start openin, just pick a few one at a time and dust a few buds, twisty tie mark um and kill the male.

K

King7

Thanks CBF, that's what I need to know. You speak of experience.

K

King7

I plan on doing a seed run with Motas HerijuanaxColumbian Gold. Also NL #5. I will be looking for testers as well.

Top Bottom