How tall can you go with an AT200 or XG190 ???

• Thread starter Soundguy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Soundguy

Just curious to know what the recommended canopy depth would be for both of these ?
Also the primary foot print of the AT200 if you know?
Area 51 has ample footprint info. Apache not so much at least for the AT200 anyway,
Thanks for any help trying to figure out who to put where for the best results.

tags420

tags420

If you have the money at200 is a slightly better light. Both are using similar top quality chips, but AT has better quality components throughout(drivers, heatsink, and chips).

Coverage is the same for both units. A51 came out saying the xgs was for a 3x3...since have really backed off that statement because it just doesn't quite do it. The a51's(xgs) can do a 2.5x2.5 well. Same as the an AT...so it's up to you on which you feel is the better light.

at200: 120 of the top chips(nichia's...and yes they are better than cree) power by 2 meanwell(best in the business) drivers with a massive, one piece thick extruded aluminum heatsink with 2X the hight and width of a51's heat sink fins.
a51: 72 of the top chips(cree's) power by 4 chinese drivers cooled by 2 shorter finned(lower surface are=less cooling power) heatsinks.

a51's price point is pretty good and makes it hard to pass up. But when you get down to all of the specs...apache's are still the best pre-made lights you can buy. I have been running some of mine for 4 years with out a single issue. Not even a fan getting old. Speaking of fans...a51's fans are quieter if that makes a difference.

S

Soundguy

If you have the money at200 is a slightly better light. Both are using similar top quality chips, but AT has better quality components throughout(drivers, heatsink, and chips).

Coverage is the same for both units. A51 came out saying the xgs was for a 3x3...since have really backed off that statement because it just doesn't quite do it. The a51's(xgs) can do a 2.5x2.5 well. Same as the an AT...so it's up to you on which you feel is the better light.

at200: 120 of the top chips(nichia's...and yes they are better than cree) power by 2 meanwell(best in the business) drivers with a massive, one piece thick extruded aluminum heatsink with 2X the hight and width of a51's heat sink fins.
a51: 72 of the top chips(cree's) power by 4 chinese drivers cooled by 2 shorter finned(lower surface are=less cooling power) heatsinks.

a51's price point is pretty good and makes it hard to pass up. But when you get down to all of the specs...apache's are still the best pre-made lights you can buy. I have been running some of mine for 4 years with out a single issue. Not even a fan getting old. Speaking of fans...a51's fans are quieter if that makes a difference.

I have both and yes I agree the AT is brighter and looks far more penetrating than the A51, fans are quite louder on the AT. I received the AT''s just after I asked the question but figured out which is the best for the tall girls as soon as I plugged it in. I have a RW150 a 190 and a 200 all in a row and its clear who is the brightest and appears to saturate the best but I don't think you can go wrong with either of these units.

Top Bottom