How to achieve the best yield in 3 months?

• Thread starter Masstoners
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

Masstoners

Hey guys, I'm just about to start my first run, i got a 400w hps+400w mh, one for veging, one for flowering. I have a 120cm*120cm space, 105cfm in+105cfm out, How many flowers should i fit in to achieve the best yield? (And what yield should I expect?) Should I go for less plants, but higher or more plants, but smaller. And is 600w way better for that space or is 400w just enough? And if you know some methods how to increase yield, I'd be very thankfull if you could share them with me. :help: Thanks for your answers. :420:

mack 10

mack 10

hi welcome to the farm;) If this is your 1st grow, i'd stick to the 400,although the 600 willbe even better. pick a forgiving strain, eg like skunk,this should do well even with a few mistakes you will still get some decent bud.if your ventilation is good enouh you could hang both lights,?Try and keep it simple.you could grow 4-9 plants depending how long you veg for? hope you get a fat harvest. mack.

C

chief greenleaf

Whats happenin Masstoners, welcome to they farm my man. Now 120 cm is about 4 feet right??? 4x4 is perfect size for a 1000 to cover, You could use a 400 or 600 but your really only gonna have sufficient lighting over the entire area. Do you have 2 400w ballasts or just 1 w/2 bulbs? I think your absolute best bet would be a 1000w hps w/air cooled hood, but if you have 2 ballasts and you dont wanna drop the cash on a new light you can pick up a 400w HPS conversion bulb for your MH ballast and run both 400s. If you check out the link to my journal below Im runnin 2 400s in a 2x4 tent, thats half the size of yours. Thats 100w per sqaure foot which is almost overkill but Id much rather have too much light than not enough! 2 400s in your tent would be 50w per sq ft which is sufficient light and youll get good results but you wont have as much canopy penetration as you would from a 1000w.

That brings me to your 2nd question -more smaller plants or less bigger plants? Whether you go w/the 1000w or 2 400w's, you should def go with a large number of small plants in a Sea of Green setup. If you use a 1000w Id go w/16-25plants in 2 gallon pots. More canopy penetration will allow you to grow taller plants w/lower bud sites that still get sufficent light. Youll want these plants to be a total of about 2-2.5 feet tall, so if your strain doubles in height once flowered you should veg them to about 1 foot tall.

Now if you decide ta go w/2 400w's you should go w/more shorter plants. Do you have a mother plant or access to clones? If you do youll get your best yields in the shortest period of time from running 2-4 small plants per sq ft. With this metod youll avg about 7g to 1 oz per plant and yield 1-2 pounds every harvest with very little veg time.

If you dont have access to clones and have ta use seeds, I highly recommend sprouting all your seeds and finding a keeper plant ta use as a clone mother.
Sprout your seeds and label each plant with its strain and a number so you can identify different plants of the same strain according to what number it is. Then you wanna grow these plants out until theyre big enough to take a clone from. Cut 1 or 2 clones from each plant and label those clones with the same strain and number as the plant it was cut from, ex. a clone taken from a plant labeled "White Widow #1" would be labled "White Widow # 1" so you know that the clone is an exact genetic copy of your WW#1 plant. After all clones are labeled and rooted, veg them for a week or two and then flower them, keeping the seed plants in the vegative state in a seperate area. Once the clones start to flower identify all the males and remove them from the tent. Then remove all the corresponding seed plants as well, obviously if the clone taken from that plant is male than so is it. Now ya just flower the remaining females and harvest. Make sure you keep the bud from each plant labeled and seperated so you can smoke some from each plant and decide which is the best. Also keep track of how much each plant yields, how fast each matures, which has the best aroma/flavor etc. Basically ya just wanna pick the plant or plants you like best and use the corresponding seed plant thats still alive in the vegetative stage as a mother plant to take clones from. Every clone taken from that mother will grow/smoke/smell/taste exactly like the flowered clone you chose.
Well shit Masstoner I just kinda zoned out and wrote a small book for ya man! Hope this helps ya out, if ya have any more questions or anything just lemme know and Ill do my best ta help ya.
Oh yea, read thru my grow journal thats linked below to get an idea of how a 4 plant per sq foot Sea of Green works. Im lookin ta harvest over a pound out of a little ass 5 ft tall 2x4 ft wide tent! In your 4x4 you could easily pull off 2 pounds or more w/little or no veg time. Also check out SeeMoreBuds Vol 1 parts 1-3 on YouTube, he shows 3 different set ups using this method and pulling unbelievable yields out of small areas.

M

MJPassion

If ya flower under MH strictly you will decrease yields slightly but your potency will increase due to the higher levels of UVB and UVC light. Also you wont have to worry about the plants stretching as much so can veg them a little longer for an increased harvest.

Are ya growing in soil or water? Hydro seems to increase the yield and a couple methods will decrease the flower time by up to a week (strain dependent).

Top Bottom