How to address unintentional extended dark period for mother plant? How will she react?

• Thread starter StankStirr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StankStirr

StankStirr

Hey everyone, I just stepped into my nursery room after working a 16 hour shift to check on everything and it seems my mother plant has been in darkness for what I estimate to be about 23 hours. I moved her into the nursery about 5 days ago and clearly messed up when I set the digital timer.... this is my first grow and I have the bullet proof mechanical dial type timers regulating the veg room. Should have stuck with what I know works well, clearly.... I just want to know what this extended darkness is going to do to her and how I can / should address this now that it's happened? I was planning on flipping the 5 I have in the veg room in a week and could clip clones and flip them all, if she's punched herself a one way ticket to the bloom room..... Advice from growers who've seen or done this would be appreciated. Thanks

How to address unintentional extended dark period for mother plant how will she react
StankStirr

StankStirr

think of it as a power outage from a winter blizzard, or a rolling brownout in a failing state, not much you can do about it just go forward with the lighting schedule you were on
Yah it is, what it is... I realized the problem about an hour before her normal dark period was supposed to start, so I just kept the light on through the night and will return her to the normal 18/6 today. I figured 25 hours of straight light would be much less stressful vs the 23 off, 1 on, 6 off. If that makes sense...

Top Bottom