How to amend mother in Super Soil?

• Thread starter mortyb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mortyb

mortyb

I'm keeping my mother in subcools super soil recipe. She's been healthy for a while now but is starting to show some CalMag deficiencies + nitrogen deficiencies. What's the best way to get her more nutrients? I was thinking of mixing in 1/4th the original amendments she had in the super soil into water & then feeding it this way or doing the same thing except making an AACT with EWC, Guano, and 1/4th the original amendments.

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

This has been a hurdle for me as well. I grow in a indoor bed with living soil but I veg in pots which I’m trying to keep as small as possible. I am trying to stay all organic and no salts. I use the following:
Liquid Kelp
Mammoth P
Top dressings with Earth worm casting
Home made Lactobascillica
In order to keep things green as they wait to get a space in flower. I also up-pot 2x during veg. Solo to 1/2 gal to 1 gal.
The LABs have been the most effective in my situation. I make them with milk I steel from my children and water I rinse through rice. You can find the process everywhere on the internet.
The trick is definitely to stay ahead of the yellowing: they do not recover well without a big up-pot.
I also have started (this is really difficult for me) to dispose of plants that get “over-vegged” in their small pot.
I don’t keep mothers. I think you would need really big pots for that and would have to get a soil cycle going in them to veg indefiniely.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

This has been a hurdle for me as well. I grow in a indoor bed with living soil but I veg in pots which I’m trying to keep as small as possible. I am trying to stay all organic and no salts. I use the following:
Liquid Kelp
Mammoth P
Top dressings with Earth worm casting
Home made Lactobascillica
In order to keep things green as they wait to get a space in flower. I also up-pot 2x during veg. Solo to 1/2 gal to 1 gal.
The LABs have been the most effective in my situation. I make them with milk I steel from my children and water I rinse through rice. You can find the process everywhere on the internet.
The trick is definitely to stay ahead of the yellowing: they do not recover well without a big up-pot.
I also have started (this is really difficult for me) to dispose of plants that get “over-vegged” in their small pot.
I don’t keep mothers. I think you would need really big pots for that and would have to get a soil cycle going in them to veg indefiniely.
I have 100 gal of subcool’s supersoil cooking that’ll be ready in the next 3 weeks also have seedlings in promix in solo cups & 1 gal pots. I’ll soon need to feed them and was searching for an organic recipe for seedlings until ready for the supersoil. Also how old/large are your plants before they’re able to handle the supersoil? Thanks in advance

cloudyhelads

cloudyhelads

If you have a good soil mix you won’t have to feed them. I think Subcool himself went from the solos to 1 gals that were supersoil in the bottom 1/3 and a cooler mix Around the roots, to get them used to things. Then when they outgrew the 1 gal they went into 7s or something all supersoil. It’s been a while since I tuned in (rip).
In My experience they can handle the hot soil if they have rooted out a solo cup. Might brown the leaf tips a bit (getting her nails done I’ve heard it called) but they will come back fast.
good luck with your grow. Post some pics for us if you have the time.

SwoleGrow

SwoleGrow

If you have a good soil mix you won’t have to feed them. I think Subcool himself went from the solos to 1 gals that were supersoil in the bottom 1/3 and a cooler mix Around the roots, to get them used to things. Then when they outgrew the 1 gal they went into 7s or something all supersoil. It’s been a while since I tuned in (rip).
In My experience they can handle the hot soil if they have rooted out a solo cup. Might brown the leaf tips a bit (getting her nails done I’ve heard it called) but they will come back fast.
good luck with your grow. Post some pics for us if you have the time.
Thanks a lot bro. Very helpful, found that video also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom