How To Apply Neem Oil

• Thread starter 4Sweetangel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
4Sweetangel

4Sweetangel

Hi. How does everyone apply neem oil? I'm using pure organic high quality neem oil. (Not from lowes) I use filtered water,neem oil and a tiny bit of dish soap. At night. Why did I still get these burn marks? I heard no rinsing? And rinsing it is a myth. Then how is it done?

How to apply neem oil
How to apply neem oil 2
DemonTrich

DemonTrich

In use 10ml neem to 1 gal water and 5ml baby shampoo. Use caution with dish soaps. Do not use the anti bacterial.

I'd check for spider mites or other nasty critters from those white specs. If you applied at night, you shouldn't have any burned leaves. No need to rinse neem.

Monster762

Monster762

I had that issue when neem was too strong you have to dilute it or don't use for foliar at all. I take 70% neem cut it at least 50% with water and just hose the dirt not the leaves. But mine was specifically for fungus gnats too. If it gets on lower leaves it burns em up when I do it. And honestly I still see a few straggling bugs. I'm trying to get real details on that Og biowar for root drench. I think the bastards are deep under my dirt.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Promis! 1.5ml/gal for clones
then 5-10ml/gal for then1st 2 or 3 watering and bye bye bugs.

Monster762

Monster762

I'm going to try that mix. I think mine has been too strong. I think strongest available here is 70 % made by brand called garden safe. I vacuumed dirt off top n all saw no bugs for week or 2 now seeing few stragglers again. Been using regularly. My plants aren't clones they are from seed but I fought them things. Demoed the room rebuilt and used ortho home defense on walls n floors and neem on dirt n their back Also seeing canoe like leaves now. I want to flip the switch to 12/12 in next 2 weeks. But I won't until they look really happy again.new growth is canoed. So can I use that mix and drown dirt with it? I saw things about that Og biowar but it doesn't even give clear directions for root drench. I thought of adding other bugs but then they'll multiply n be all over the house.

Monster762

Monster762

Mine might have burnt because I applied under 24 hr light too.

Monster762

Monster762

On the last pic the top growth actually canoed closed and twisted. This is t5 lights at around 8 inches off top.

Monster762

Monster762

I posted the same pics asking for input in the indoor section n no one looked at it.

4Sweetangel

4Sweetangel

I have 10 plants in there
In use 10ml neem to 1 gal water and 5ml baby shampoo. Use caution with dish soaps. Do not use the anti bacterial.

I'd check for spider mites or other nasty critters from those white specs. If you applied at night, you shouldn't have any burned leaves. No need to rinse neem.
inused dawn

I used dawn dish soap the original blue, I really thought that was safe. No spider mites. But I do see sharpshooters. Using DE to get rid of also.

4Sweetangel

4Sweetangel

View attachment 719603
I have 10 plants in there

inused dawn

I used dawn dish soap the original blue, I really thought that was safe. No spider mites. But I do see sharpshooters. Using DE to get rid of also.
Thanks for your inputals

o, would you suggest BT for catapillars?

juiceyjay

juiceyjay

I use silica as my wetting agent. 1ml per 32oz and the neem I use about 5-7ml. Shake it up really good with warm water and spray at night.

Also if u have bugs u want to switch between a few sprays so they don't become immune. I use this stuff from the grow store called "nuke em" it is OMRI listed. It will burn your smaller growth if u mix it to strong tho

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
The rules to avoid burning with oils. Like Neem!

1. Make sure the plants medium is not dry, has sufficient moisture.
2. Make sure when spraying plants the temp is below 80F.
3. Spray at lights off or sunset to ensure they have at least 6 hours to dry.
4. Make sure the oil is emulsified and mixed well.

The triple clarified hydrophobic neem extracts mix into water easier and less chance of burning over pure neem oil. (Trilogy, Triact70) Azasol also works well.

If you get a spot where the oil is not emulisfied/well mixed into solution than you can get a build up on the leaf that can easily burn your plants.
That is what those black spots look like, The oil coats the leaf and then gets burned when intense light hits it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom