how to best mix epsom salts

• Thread starter kushtrees
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kushtrees

I am going to be adding epsom salts to my res for the 1st time and had a quick question as to the best way to do it?

I mix about 100-200g of nutes at a time and would rather not sit there and stir until the epsom is disolved all the way it would take a very long time is my guess

I was thinking of adding 25 tsps to a gallon of RO water and letting them dissolve in that before I add them to the res, im just not sure what the max amount of grams per gallon is before they wont dissolve any more is.

If any one would mind sharing how they do this that would be great! thanks!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
fill a gallon pitcher with warm water and stir it until it dissolves then add that to your mix

I do this with any type of powdered additives and with ph adjusters as well

G

geoduck

first and foremost, use warm water and stir. rock salt dissolves rather fast when you do. concerning epsom salt, you don' t need it in your reservior unless you see clear signs of mag or sulfur deficiency. watch the tds register you need no more than 100ppm.
if your schedule includes the use of a cal/mag supplement, any mg/s deficiency is caused by lockouts, you need to flush.
epsom salt can be a quick fix in certain situations, however thinking long term a different solution chould have a more lasting effect eg. use remineralized water, a good cal/mag supplement etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom