How to bring out psychedelic phenotype in LA confidential

• Thread starter Dannycook78
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dannycook78

Dannycook78

I have been told that there are two different phenotypes of LA confidential and that one presents more of the psychedelic feeling while the other does not. I also know that one has a very strong cola while one is also branchy. My question is which one is the one that has better psychedelic properties and how do I bring out that phenotype while growing indoors?

Terpz719

Terpz719

Interesting question. Yeah the info on seedfinder alludes to that. I've had it a few times, and while liking it, have found it to be anything but psychedelic. I don't think there is much you could do in the way of epigenetic manipulation beyond harvesting early for more energetic / racy effects. Your best bet would be to pop as many seeds as you can, and look for a pheno that fits what you're looking for.

Dannycook78

Dannycook78

Yeah I have had the strain a few times as well and I have had it where it literally makes me feel like I'm tripping and then sometimes quite the opposite like you said. Now that I'm growing my own I'd really like to be able to bring out that quality consistently because it really makes it for an amazing experience.

growsince79

growsince79

Yeah I have had the strain a few times as well and I have had it where it literally makes me feel like I'm tripping and then sometimes quite the opposite like you said. Now that I'm growing my own I'd really like to be able to bring out that quality consistently because it really makes it for an amazing experience.
You can put lipstick on a pig. Still a pig. The trippy high is genetic.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I have read about harvesting earlier for more psychedelic high across strains generally, but I have nothing serious behind that. LA Confidential was one of the first plants I grew and I loved it and the smoke. It felt mostly like an indica but both my wife and I have that "woah" feeling with it. Idk if it's psychedelic, but there is a little something trippy about it. Like just that "woah, I'm stoned."

Definitely growing it again soon and going to try to actually freaking do it a bit more properly this time as my first grow was a total mess.

Btw, just looking at the genetics, structure wise my guess is the lankier one is going to give you more trippy effects. But that is a shot in the dark.

Mine had decent branching but stayed short fwiw. But it was so stunted by my newbie idiocy that idk what you could possibly take from that.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

I really enjoy that strain and have been sitting on those beans for a year or two. One day soon I will be putting them in the ground. Will be interesting to see if I get the phenotype that is more psychedelic as you describe it.

If you found it you would then cross it back to a male from the group. You then plant those seeds, find the same expression and then cross that back to the original dad again. Repeat steps until you have a homozygous representation of that trait. That is a nutshell, simplified version. There is also the option to self it and create S1 generation, which will be very similar to the selfed plant, but not 100%.

Top Bottom