how to clean inside nutrient chiller

• Thread starter oMR BUDo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oMR BUDo

oMR BUDo

hi peeps i just finished my grow using a hailea water chiller for the first time!!!

i used some h202 and water recirculating through the chiller to sterilise it for 48 hours thinking that will clean it too but i keep getting small dark brown flakes coming out the hose of the chiller which i assume is bits of dried nutrients from my grow that i just finished!!!

can someone please tell me what they use to clean and combat this problem with!!!

THANK YOU

Bowski

Bowski

I keep hearing that H202 isnt the cure all for everything bad...some are saying to use a pool shock chemical to rid the slime that can cause root rot to show up in your system. If you go over to the indoor grow/hydro threads there's a thread on it.

Bombnes

Bombnes

reverse the hoses on the chiller and run it backwards with what cleaner you choose....I like putting a larger pump, but don't go over the max pump for the chiller, but if you aren't maxed out for your chiller get as close as you can. I always flush mine with a light bleach solution......then flush with h20 till it doesn't smell like bleach coming out. Leave the chiller unplugged when you do this.....in case you had it plugged in....Now I can't tell you that I'm not damaging my chiller but I have never had an issue and it's still chilling away. Hope that helps.....online manual for your chiller should have cleaning instructions.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I've heard of people running water at a very low ph to clean things out. In the future you may want to use a cool coil like mastacheeser talked about.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I've heard of people running water at a very low ph to clean things out. In the future you may want to use a cool coil like mastacheeser talked about.

This is how I clean my nutrient tanks and my 75 gallon tea brewer. I make the ph 3.0 or less and it seems to do the trick

NIKO

NIKO

Yo just use a coolcoil if you can't get it clean enough. ... I learned with my first chiller.. honestly would never go back.. just get a separate res for chilled water and pump to go through the coolcoil. Hydro innovations....

pdasterly

pdasterly

old post revive, i had to rig up water hose to clear my clog, im tired of this every 60-90 days, gonna put wort chiller coil and run straight water

Top Bottom