How to clean plants from mold

• Thread starter Holden9cox
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Holden9cox

Holden9cox

What can I do to clean or sterilize flowers they where next to some with bud rot. I picked all the rot away and then a little extra on a small bud is there anything I can do to clean it and kill the spores without hurting the plant

Ponky

Ponky

What can I do to clean or sterilize flowers they where next to some with bud rot. I picked all the rot away and then a little extra on a small bud is there anything I can do to clean it and kill the spores without hurting the plant
You might want to check the big buds. Where bud rot usually strikes first.

Holden9cox

Holden9cox

You might want to check the big buds. Where bud rot usually strikes first.
I checked all of them and they are good for now. I lost 3 plants a couple months ago from it. I really don’t want to loose anymore I only got two left

Ponky

Ponky

I checked all of them and they are good for now. I lost 3 plants a couple months ago from it. I really don’t want to loose anymore I only got two left
Well I give it to your straight. Bud rot is like cancer. It spreads. It pops up in the best buds. It's basically unstoppable. So daily inspection. Probable early harvest. And when you do harvest you have to wet trim. Cut out all the rot. And 2" above and below. And usually the taste will still he negatively impacted. There are certain chemicals that can stop the spread. But you usually can't buy them. And smoking them is not recommended. Lots of people try lots of things. Some might be successful. But usually it's just something that hits buds when they're â…” finished. And it's usually genetic and environmental.

Holden9cox

Holden9cox

Well I give it to your straight. Bud rot is like cancer. It spreads. It pops up in the best buds. It's basically unstoppable. So daily inspection. Probable early harvest. And when you do harvest you have to wet trim. Cut out all the rot. And 2" above and below. And usually the taste will still he negatively impacted. There are certain chemicals that can stop the spread. But you usually can't buy them. And smoking them is not recommended. Lots of people try lots of things. Some might be successful. But usually it's just something that hits buds when they're â…” finished. And it's usually genetic and environmental.
I’ve been told neem oil and hydrogen peroxide could help but I guess I’ll just keep an eye on it for now. All the rain I’ve been getting is really killing me

freezeland2

freezeland2

I have thus far been keeping bud rot on one of my outdoor plants at bay with Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Be a while before I know if the taste and potency will be affected by applying that stuff to the buds.

skinnypuppy

skinnypuppy

I have thus far been keeping bud rot on one of my outdoor plants at bay with Lost Coast Plant Therapy. Be a while before I know if the taste and potency will be affected by applying that stuff to the buds.
I don't see how anything with soy bean oil or peppermint oil will evaporate without a trace up to the day of harvest (or even earlier) keep me posted on the results😊

Top Bottom