G

Gandalf

Hello all,

How can I battle the heat in my tent?

This is what I have:
4" 250CFM inline vortex fan
4" Carbon Filter tank
600W MH/HPS light

[inside tent] Carbon Filter----->reflector---->[outside tent]fan---->outside house.

light is 10" from the canopy.

I'm venting the exhaust to outside the room, and drawing fresh, cold air from outside the house.
Still, the temps are settling at ~85 degrees.

I'm sure that with good engineering the 250CFM should be enough to take the heat away from the 600W system.

What advices can you guys give me in this issue?
I can not afford to buy a 6" 400+CFM fan atm, the hardware I have is "all there is".

Thank you!
G.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Do you have a fresh air duct....pullin in air?

Most tents have a lower duct opening

dextr0

dextr0

gandalf: we really need more space size info. As im a closet grower im thinking your restrictions are mine. I have to emphasize that the out take is very important. That hot air has/needs to go some where (out)...I currently have my temps at 88. Cant help but wonder what a dialed in grow would look like.

G

Gandalf

Yeah sorry, I forgot to add dimension:
45x25x65 tent.

about the intake - I do not have another inline fan for intake, instead I'm using two fan holes in the tent for active intake (two household round fans), and one hole for passive intake.

The air coming in is pretty da%n cold (around 30-40 degrees).
I suspect my outlay is faulty.

=-=-=-=

How would you design your tent with the mentioned hardware?
how long should be the ducting sleeves connected to the out-take ?

dextr0

dextr0

=-=-=-=
I would have fans blowing upwards (the draft getting the hot air out)....
the closet gets changed up everyday according to how i feel the grow is going. Fist thoughts though i would have the hotter air on top blowing out and the bottom part getting fresh air in.

BakedReality

BakedReality

Bean Poppin..
Supporter
Can you post any pics of tent set-up?

any serious bends in your air duct?

G

Gandalf

=-=-=-=
I would have fans blowing upwards (the draft getting the hot air out)...

Thanks for the tip, I thought of that.
When I tried it before, it does lower the temps in 3-6 degrees.
Will it be good tho, to directly and constantly blowing air on the plants?
(fans will be in their way)
Will it not impact the transpiration process?

Can you post any pics of tent set-up?

any serious bends in your air duct?
Not yet about the pics, and no serious bends in the ducting, tho the out-take is about 17 Ft long (has to be connected to the window to blow the hot air out).

I will try to shorten the ducting pipe and report back.
I don't think thats the case but I got nothing to loose.. right?

:)

dextr0

dextr0

Well if it is between that and high temps im going to choose the fans. Heat is a mf. I have a CMH with a fan on the bottom surounded by plants the air blowing up because bulb is vert and i want heat out, but on the other hand i also have my other blowing/sucking cool air in.

F

FaTRippz

i know money is super tight for everyone, thats why i started growing, but if your temp is the main concern i suggest a portable AC i know you dont want to spend money but that would do the job.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

Well since you are in a tent. You can use one fan to pull air out of the tent, threw your air cool hood, then right out of the house. Set your carbon filter up high in the tent with another fan pulling the heat out of the tent. Dont worry if you dont have an extra fan for intake. You can simply do passive with the fold up along the side of the tent. If you have an extra fan, then put a hepa filter on it. This be my 1st

Another is a upgrade to 8" fans. I would say 6" however thats what i have. I wish i took my advice on BIGGER in the get go. Think about it 4x4=16 6x6=36 8x8=64 Well you get the point of surface area....

Last be some kind of portable AC, splite type AC or even Water cool lamps to get the heat out...

Latest posts

Top Bottom