How to control smell while hiding grow tent?

• Thread starter Rastakari2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Rastakari2

Hi everyone,

I currently have 5 autoflowers from fastbuds in my 70x70x160 cm tent and they are three and half weeks in to flowering. In total they are 7 weeks and 2 days old.

On 21.5-23.5 between times of 9-18 I have some people coming to do some repairment work to my one room apartment and I can’t have the tent visible to them then. I don’t know on what day they will come to my apartment and if it’s only on one of the days, although I would assume so.

My plants would be 1 to 2 days from 10 weeks then and I would hate to cut my ladies down early so I am thinking that would it work to cover the smell completely if I put the plants each individually inside many big garbage bags and put those inside moving boxes so it doesnt look suspicious? Also could the plants survive that 9 hour window for those few days being in those garbage bags and still turn out to good quality smoke?

Any help is much appriciated!

How to control smell while hiding grow tent
How to control smell while hiding grow tent 2
K

KeyFingerFlying

Well as for me - I do grow outdoors sometimes so the smell is vented by the natural wind. Although I'm just assured that my neighbors are also growing so noone gonna snitch. As for indoor I'd say just a carbon filters do the job. Notably I'd say you need to deliver the outflow air somewhere high enough, if you could just direct that into your chimney somehow so that it would come out over the roof...

R

Rastakari2

Well as for me - I do grow outdoors sometimes so the smell is vented by the natural wind. Although I'm just assured that my neighbors are also growing so noone gonna snitch. As for indoor I'd say just a carbon filters do the job. Notably I'd say you need to deliver the outflow air somewhere high enough, if you could just direct that into your chimney somehow so that it would come out over the roof...
I have the smell totally under control in my tent with carbon filters. It is just that I have to put the tent down for a moment so how do I then control the smell?

B

Budtirement

I can't think of a better way. A day or two with no light or air will probably be just a bump in the road for them. I think after you get them back in the tent you'll see and you can make the decision. Cannabis generally reacts well to stress. I don't know but I imagine your idea will work out just fine.
The tent itself will stink so wrap that too or remove it. Try to run a fan to get lingering scent out the window, some people have pretty sensitive noses. I haven't used them but there are some products that absorb smells, Odoban, $6 is available at Home Depot. It's a jar of crystals that absorb odors. You could put some crystals inside each box and the jar in the corner. The morning of, burn sage. Nothing covers smells and encourages good spirits like smuge. Good Luck!.

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
An air purifier would be helpful, but I suspect most people wouldn't recognize the smell. Opening a window might be good enough.

V

ViolettaLiz

Good luck. Sage is a good idea and an air purifier. I use both of those and my tent is in our basement with carbon filters and as soon as I get to either door and enter my house, I smell it. Yesterday when I was weedwhacking, I noticed I wcould smell it Wafting out of the dryer vent into the yard. 😆 🤣 I can legally grow in my state so I don't care but it's kinda funny. I do try to cut down the scent. Good luck!

R

Rastakari2

Will any of my plants be ready before the repairment guys come? They are 68 days old then when I would have to cut them down if I dont find working solution for hiding them.

Top Bottom