HOW TO COOL 4000 watts

• Thread starter oglovinlife18
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

oglovinlife18

hey guys thi mayb be stupid question but i cannot coool these lights right ow i have a 8' fan hooked up to each pair of light a 6' for exhuse and two 6 in blowing air shuld i switch t seald room and get an air conditioner>?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
You have 4 fans on your hood (2 for intake and 2 for exhaust) but no other methods of cooling?

How are you cooling your room now?
What are you current temps and humidity/size of room?

Normal setup is to have in and out vents or air conditioning/water cooling.That is addition to having air cooled hoods. Air cooled hood reduce the heat but are not enough to cool the room alone. (especially in warm conditions 70f +)

I use a 18,000btu ac and air cooled hoods and can handle 90f + temps. I am not using a c02 burner (which adds to the heat) DO have a dehumidifier (also add heat)

O

oglovinlife18

no two fans on hood one fan for two lights.....they also act as exhaust ...one more exhaust wih a carbon scrubbing and two osilating....i i add an air conditioner wont my exhaust just suck the cold air out...

O

oglovinlife18

if i seal it do i need co2 or shuld i just suck it up and invest the money

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Mine is sucking the cold air out as fast as it goes in. It does cool some but not very efficiently and only a few degrees. I'm sealing as we speak....

fred

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
no two fans on hood one fan for two lights.....they also act as exhaust ...one more exhaust wih a carbon scrubbing and two osilating....i i add an air conditioner wont my exhaust just suck the cold air out...

Exhuast is removed or turned off when ac is running.

The exhaust can be used to duct the lights outside. Or can be kept and be used as emergency exhaust or used to exhaust fogger or sulfur burner fumed.

Option A. Then you add a a/c for cooling. Then you need to add a dehumidifier to keep humidity in check for lights off in flower.
Then add c02 supplementation.

Option B. Get an ac, cycle the ac and exhaust to get fresh air exchange. Otherwise gotta add c02. option A better imho.

if i seal it do i need co2 or shuld i just suck it up and invest the money

yes but c02 is worth it.

hope that helps

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Like he said :)

I'm right there with ya. Not looking forward to spending the money but I can't to see the results. Option A is the tits. Do it...lol

T

th3b12ain

Steal the room and run co2 with a split unit AC 1200 btu.

Mike49048

Mike49048

A Co2 tank cost only about 150 dollars, and won't add any more heat.

R

r2thizzl3

Why not add a computer fan; 80mm 92mm 120mm; with HIGH CFM 80 - 120; to cool the bulb directly and add quicker air flow. You can buy an adapter to have it plugged into the wall.

Top Bottom