How To Delay A Harvest ?

• Thread starter MrBlackThumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MrBlackThumb

I've got three plants at 9 week of flowering, two are ready and one needs an extra week.
I can't harvest two now and wait a week for the other cause I'm drying in the same tent I grow in.

What should I do to stop the ones that are ready from ripening even more ?

O

oregonmellow

I take it your concerns are about light on your fresh cut?

M

MrBlackThumb

Do any of you know what would happen if I just stopped watering the two ripe plants ?
I'm sure they would die but would the buds be damaged in any way ?

I'm probably just gonna wait a week but, this is still intriguing me.
I might try it with a single lower branch at the end if no one has an answer to this.

Natural

Natural

they'll wilt. putting them in the dark with adequate air flow will work for a few days..they kind of stop maturing a bit.

germinator

germinator

I've run into this before.....I harvested them...heres what I did....I de leaf and prep them in the tent once prepped I cover the plant completely in a lawn/leaf paper bag with a (small as possible) hole popped thru the bottom, hang the plant whole from the stock with bottom popping out a hole cut in the bag. Plant/bag will be open at the bottom but completely covered from light damage. I then using tie wire tie it to the tents outside rail away from the light. Keep in mind my temps never exceed 77. Two days hangin should knock the stink out,trim,jar,cure.

Last edited:
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Depends what u say is ripe. Are they cloudy trichs or amber your harvesting them at. More amber the stronger bud But not to far past.

M

MrBlackThumb

IMO ripe is when there are more brown calyxes than white and the trichomes are at least 20% amber.
Right now, my two hybrids have 75% brown calyxes and 80/20 cloudy/amber trichomes.

The sativa dom only has 33.3% brown calyxes and 90/10 cloudy/clear trichomes.
It could definitely use an extra week to diminish the chances of ending up with a racy, paranoia inducing smoke with a hint of auditory hallucinations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom