Solved How to delete posts/or profile if necessary...

• Thread starter haole
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

haole

Hiya all, I feel it would be best for me to delete some or even most of my posts, and I've tried contacting Logic regarding this several days back, but haven't heard back. For that reason I've posted this thread, and hope that someone else can point me in the right direction. If post editing is a problem, go ahead and delete my profile.

I'm over here doin the fungus gnat dance til then.

Although that other site has lots of problems with its security, I do have to appreciate the post edit and profile delete options, which are helpful.

Fgdance
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I could delete them but it will take a while..I can only delete one at a time..:depressed:
you want to delete all 128 of your posts?

Maybe some other mods know an easier wayo_O

H

haole

I could delete them but it will take a while..I can only delete one at a time..:depressed:
you want to delete all 128 of your posts?

Maybe some other mods know an easier wayo_O

lol... Thanks for the help. I'd like to delete the ones in the Montana forum.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Not to detract from haole's dilema ..but while you guys figure that out..can you also help me figure out how to delete conversations (private msg)? That's gotta be the most annoying thing going around here.
U have 2 do that 1 by 1 also.. I delete after I read it so they don't build up.. Click on the conversation (pm) u want deleted & rite where the 1st post in the pm is at the top rite hand corner rite above the 1st post it shows this

Click on leave conversation >> then this will pop up

If ur juss cleaning ur inbox & still want a possible future response the click accept future messages but if u don't want that message 2 ever pop up again even if the other person responds 2 u the message will never hit ur end<< no eyes will ever see the message after u read it & press this button.. At least on ur end.. 2 make sure it's gone tell the other person or people 2 hit the same button..

I'm hella stoned off Kens GSC buds so I hope this all made sense..LOL

Natural

Natural

Thanks Goo..I thought that might do it..I'll tell the other guys to "leave convo" as well.

mushface

mushface

Not trying to be a Dick but you say the wrong shit here & you won't have to worry about deleting your profile. It will be adios amigos. Jk

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
I asked to have my content deleted and was denied... I think you could buy a premium account and then go wild

H

haole

I asked to have my content deleted and was denied... I think you could buy a premium account and then go wild
Interesting... if this is true it is surprising to me that you stick around here still. If that is the position of the admin, that his rights to display posted content trump anyone's security and privacy concerns, it would be highly alarming to me. I hope that is not the case.

Natural

Natural

so How do we dump pm after we read them months ago?
like Goo was sayin..ya gotta "leave" the conversation and when you do..click the
"ignore future comments"...and the other people/persons have to do the same on their end. Not exactly the best confirmation for deleting the PM's..but it seems to be the only option..I do miss deleting massive amounts of msg.s all in one click.

Natural

Natural

Interesting... if this is true it is surprising to me that you stick around here still. If that is the position of the admin, that his rights to display posted content trump anyone's security and privacy concerns, it would be highly alarming to me. I hope that is not the case.
sorry haole..didn't mean to jack your thread.

NagaKing

NagaKing

IME that is not an unusual stance for a forum admin to take.
Deleting posting messes with the flow of thread. And can remove valuable information.
The best policy is don't post what you may regret.
This is the internet after all.
And a public forum to boot.
Any one can read post here. Cops, politicians, your mum, who knows?
I understand where you're coming from.
Have been in the same position in the past.
So now I'm more careful. Online footprints are scary once security becomes compromised.
Don't even want to think about how it fucked me over in the past.
Be careful who you deal with. Be careful what you sat. And be careful about giving out your real name and address.
I put my faith in trust and was fucked over for it.

Mr.7thson

Mr.7thson

Sometimes people seem just a little to eager and just a little to friendly,this is a red flag to me,sad to.Even with a card it can be scary.:mad:

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Definitely left me feeling disregarded... my contribution here has changed dramatically since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom