How to Distinguish Gender

• Thread starter Gandalfs Girl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gandalfs Girl

Gandalfs Girl

I know the difference between females and males, once its sexually mature however I do not know how to distinguish the commencement of sexuality in a plant. Here are some pictures of the stem of the plant and from a branch that split to two ways. In the perpendicular corner, is that some pistils?

How to distinguish gender
How to distinguish gender 2
How to distinguish gender 3
How to distinguish gender 4
650homegrown530

650homegrown530

If your not in a rush then you can wait intill they show their sex, the males will not release any pollen for weeks after you can see the sex.

dirk d

dirk d

How old is the plant?? It's not showing sex yet...be patient..when you see white hairs you will know it's a female...and when you see balls you will know it's a male lol..The plants might not cooperate though so give them time...

Haggardass

Haggardass

kinda blurry but in the first pic on the top node in the pic it looks like white hairs but i could be wrong. The rest of the pics dont say much for the sex yet.

Gandalfs Girl

Gandalfs Girl

Yeah I'm just going to wait. Check this out erry body, this is an update. This is right under the main kolah.GG's plant is sexy.

2012 09 11 10 06 58 237
dirk d

dirk d

nothing yet Gandalfs Girl, be patient.. do some yoga.. how old is the plant?

Gandalfs Girl

Gandalfs Girl

Idk, I managed to miracly clone her (it definitely needs positive encouragement to be a girl.) She's way more than a month is say. Maybe two, but as for the picture I just wanted to see if its a good bushy sign. Its indicated so I think it has the possibility of it being male already because of how tall (she) is. She's 14'.

dirk d

dirk d

i wouldn't jump to any conclusions. several times i thought it was a male and it turned out being a female. Sexing takes a long time! lol normally when a plant is 55+ days old then you can start thinking about it showing sex. sometimes a lot longer depending on everything.

btw good job on the cloning!

Automatically sticky

Automatically sticky

Force flower is the way to go. the little things you see are called stipules. the Calyx is where the pistals come from they look tear drops, with hair. The male sack is called a staminate, which breaks open and shed pollin

OGONLY

OGONLY

Force flower is the way to go. the little things you see are called stipules. the Calyx is where the pistals come from they look tear drops, with hair. The male sack is called a staminate, which breaks open and shed pollin

That post should be an automatic sticky...Lol. Sorry man, your screen name rolled me. :)

reeldrag

reeldrag

still to early some times you will get false hairs that make u think its a girl then wham balls just give it some time and if it was a clone it will b the same sex as the mother or father plant

Gandalfs Girl

Gandalfs Girl

Okay thanks for the input. I'm using a control for now to test some techniques. Need the plant as a mother plant for clones.

Latest posts

Top Bottom