How to DIY UC

• Thread starter mrconfident714
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kaiser Puff

Nice! Those tubs you used seem to be the ones that leak around the Uniseals, must be some thin walls on those.....

It's not so much that the walls are thin, the plastic on the tubs is a bit brittle, all the leaks I had around the uniseal were due to the hole giving out and cracking. As long as the hole is actually intact a watertight seal isn't a problem however I made the mistake of putting everything together in a workshop for a test fit and leak test... everytime I had to take things apart to move the system or fix something or replace a tub another uniseal hole would crack.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I do like those big ass lower res's but like you said the plastic material is brittle and a pain in the ass..i was lookin at American Agritech 20gallon reservoirs and trying to figure out some kind of heat iron or wire rig to do the holes maybe a collar and a dremmel router bit setup....the buckets the UC uses is some nice stuff to cut and hack on without crackin, real maluable stuff and hard as shit to find.

I was chasin leaks only to realize it was my buckets and conecting pvc sweatin due to the high humidity and temperature difference between the room and my buckets.

Tex

K

Kaiser Puff

I do like those big ass lower res's but like you said the plastic material is brittle and a pain in the ass..i was lookin at American Agritech 20gallon reservoirs and trying to figure out some kind of heat iron or wire rig to do the holes maybe a collar and a dremmel router bit setup....the buckets the UC uses is some nice stuff to cut and hack on without crackin, real maluable stuff and hard as shit to find.

I was chasin leaks only to realize it was my buckets and conecting pvc sweatin due to the high humidity and temperature difference between the room and my buckets.

Tex

The 4" holesaw in reverse does a nice job of melting the hole, I also had to take care when deburring not let the blade cut too deep and nick the hole making a weak spot. Now that everything is put together and holding water I'll try to get a couple harvests out of it and maybe give cch2o a call to try the real deal :) Tex, I'll probably be chasing condensation myself when I get the watercooling stuff going

j wizzle

j wizzle

heres one

heres another - he used bulkheads instead of uniseals and brute tubs

Id save myself the grief and buy one though honestly if thats where your headed

fuck that...ill do a comprehensive DIY UC thread that will cost 1/2 the price and work better. NO leaks, no uniseals....ive literally dragged this bitch around my grow room with 3 nute-filled buckets together and not had a single leak.

all you need is a 2 1/4" hole saw and a 2" pipe cutter, perhaps a pipe wrench would be good as well. total tools cost like $100 and each bucket is less than $20

you run the hole saw in reverse to cut the holes out, smooth like butter baby...lol

when you debur, keep the blade flush with the side wall so you dont gouge the hole itself....doesnt even need to be deburred all that well. if it leaks, you just tighten or loosen the PVC

ill try to get a step by step up within the week...going to disneyland today:icon_animal26: lol

j wizzle

j wizzle

yo TK...use the 24 gal heavy duty buckets from home depot ($11) they are $18 at lowes... some come with a black top, but the ones in my area now come with a yellow stop. i just throw some refelctive panda on top, no biggie

dont even have a chiller...although i wouldnt recommend this to others

Single uc
IMG 1412
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Fuck that?!?!

fuck that...ill do a comprehensive DIY UC thread that will cost 1/2 the price and work better. NO leaks, no uniseals....ive literally dragged this bitch around my grow room with 3 nute-filled buckets together and not had a single leak.

why do you have to get all shitty?

hilarious

I just posted an opinion - I have no basis of knowing the level of diy skills of some body on the internet

some people cant barely put together a store bought kit let alone own and/or use power tools

Top Bottom