How to do a flush when switching from veg to flower?

• Thread starter levietousgardens420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
levietousgardens420

levietousgardens420

Hey just trying to learn something about flushing. Don't got a water system yet but will soon. Wanted to know how to flush exactly if I'm just using my hose. Need to know how often a week. I'm watering every 3 days and only feeding nutes with two of those watering days. I wanna switch to flower and can't find video that isn't with a water system. All I got is my hose currently. Got good water in my area. Using greenhouse wrapped in polycarbonate sheets. Got two fans going, one has a filter on it. Saving up for equipment I need for making a water system. Any tips would be appreciated, also wanted peoples opinions on water filter systems and which ones they like.

How to do a flush when switching from veg to flower
Last edited:
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

A watering system is handy but you may just find it's better to keep things hands on as your up close and personal
with your plants. If your not messing with them, you won't catch small issues until they become big issues.

Flushing.
If your plant is in living soil or in a peat moss based medium. You need to have your plants on high test veg formula 3 weeks into flower as the plant is growing hard / stretching. Don't switch fertilizer at the same time as the light!

Flushing can remove needed Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Phosphorus as well as many water soluble minerals you don't know about
and plant's get sick when this happens. Real sick overnight.

I would only consider flushing your plants if you are in a low peat moss based mix where you have been treating the grow as hydroponic.
No water only a light solution and you flush water + 25% every time you feed. Unless you have a reason to flush the pot I would suggest you don't at this time. Just switch you fertilizer profile to a flowering mix 3 weeks / 21 days after flipping and let the plant have what is left in the pot so your not shocking her or creating other problems.
Just my 2 pennies worth.

levietousgardens420

levietousgardens420

I don't got a light. Just the sun. Using organic soil and a chicken manure. One of two were getting burned a bit but also wanted to flush so I can switch over to flower.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Are you going to move them twice a day? If you don't have a light. you cannot switch over to flower unless you make them in a dark place 12 hrs a day light the other 12 hrs, or you have to let the sun time bring the plant into flower with the season.

What is your plan for flowering them?
How bad is the nutrient burn?

levietousgardens420

levietousgardens420

I move and pinch them every 2 or 3 days, I got fans going and have them tied down to help with stress

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
don’t be flushing, that’s the worst thing you could do,..
flowering??? how you plan on doing that?
where you located?

levietousgardens420

levietousgardens420

Just asking cause I figured that's what you'd have to do 😂 I'm in SoCal in Los Angeles

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Unless the burn is super bad like going to kill the plant. I'd water normally and let the plants flower with the season.
Really. Anything else is asking for trouble.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thought I could force them damn guess not. Ok thank you
well you would have to be almost exactly consistent with moving them to a pitch black dark area everyday at the same time while after 12 hours bringing them back,.
it’s not worth the trouble or the issues that could arise,..

Top Bottom