How To Downsize???

• Thread starter MsMileHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

Im sooooooo happy!!! I just received my nute,foliar,and root packs!!!:) I cant wait to start brewing but Im a little stumped.When I feed,I only use 2 gallons.And your instructions says to dilute tea to 1-2 cups/5 gallons.So I guess I would use around 1 cup for 2 gallons.Well that would be wasting a shit load of tea.My question is whats the best way/recipe to make 2 gallons of finished tea,without wasting so much pure tea?And what is crown feeding?? And also Im planning on using the tea to foliar feed,should I use the brewed tea with the foliar and root packs,or just the foliar??And lastly will hygrozyme harm the bennies??
Gonna use worm castings,alfalfa meal,black strap mollasses,and sea green for the tea.
Im in my 24th day of veg,coco,H&G nutes,running 11 goji's,10 dream lotus,10 jabbas stash.
Thanks sooooooo much!!!!:)

Cort

Cort

Just like cooking, cut each ingredient by xx amount. You can use the tea stronger if you want for feeding the pots, I do it. I use the remainder on outside potted plants, like my Ghost pepper plants. Its so stupid cheap a little waste dont hurt.

Ill let Cap answer the rest.

MsMileHigh

MsMileHigh

Ok Im cutting out the hygrozyme today.What about h&g's "multi zen"?? Will that harm the bennies?I did some research and if Im not mistaken Cap said you can use the tea undiluted,w/ no harm to the plants.So I guess I will brew my root and foliar packs,remove a portion for a foliar treatment,then add my nute pack into the mix,and feed it to my plants full strenghth.Does that sound ok?Also how much sea green should I add per gallon after the tea has brewed??

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Ok Im cutting out the hygrozyme today.What about h&g's "multi zen"?? Will that harm the bennies?I did some research and if Im not mistaken Cap said you can use the tea undiluted,w/ no harm to the plants.So I guess I will brew my root and foliar packs,remove a portion for a foliar treatment,then add my nute pack into the mix,and feed it to my plants full strenghth.Does that sound ok?Also how much sea green should I add per gallon after the tea has brewed??

that is exaclty what you should do! Sorry I saw this so late. :oops:

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Is there a reason why the Nute Pack should not be brewed?? The tea recipe says to use the Root and Foliar, but soil/coco users can add a small amount of the Nute Pack to the tea. I'm just curious why that is, I'm guessing it has to do with the type of microbes in the different packs?? But I still don't get why hydro users shouldn't brew the Nute Pack at all.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Downsize?! Honey, once you go big, you never wanna go back!

I just couldn't help myself...

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Is there a reason why the Nute Pack should not be brewed?? The tea recipe says to use the Root and Foliar, but soil/coco users can add a small amount of the Nute Pack to the tea. I'm just curious why that is, I'm guessing it has to do with the type of microbes in the different packs?? But I still don't get why hydro users shouldn't brew the Nute Pack at all.

The nute pack has mycorrhizae, which only come out of stasis in the presence of plant root exudates, hence they are useless in tea as they will not multiply.

However, some people still use it in the tea, as there are a few other species that will multiply..

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

The nute pack has mycorrhizae, which only come out of stasis in the presence of plant root exudates, hence they are useless in tea as they will not multiply.

However, some people still use it in the tea, as there are a few other species that will multiply..
Does brewing the nute pack do harm to mycorrhizal populations?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Actually, I'm more curious about why we would use worm castings. Since we're heading to SoCal and I'm still battling, I decided fuck it with the experiments, everything's getting hit with somma Cap's bennies. I decided they can use a good, strong inoculation, so I went with the Nute Pack. Adding castings doesn't make sense, but I went ahead and did it. The not making sense bit is because mycorrhiza fungal hyphae should be part of the resultant microbes when you've done a simple AACT correctly. A simple tea is worm castings and molasses, right?

I'm figuring the castings will add a small amount of 'soft' N.

Top Bottom