How To Drain A Reservoir

• Thread starter GrimDawn
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GrimDawn

I've got a 35 gallons container with a lid able to support 6 plants.

How would I go about draining that water ?
I can't just take the lid off and empty the water somewhere, I'd have to pump it somehow without moving the container but the question is how ?

At first I thought I could just hook up a hose to my pump and empty it this way but, wouldn't that burn the motor once the water level gets too low ?

G gnome

G gnome

Im sorry but how is a pump not an obvious solution? To go as far as to start a thread on something so apparent. .....not that a vac is a bad choice...i just find it entertaining that someone wud need help figuring out how to do something this simple

Good thing he asked tho otherwise he might be ringing out sponges for 3 days str8 haha.....

G gnome

G gnome

It's obvious but, I still posted cause I heard turning on a water pump when not fully submerged could blow up the motor.
No ur not gonna cause an explosion by draining ur res w a utility pump lol
Seriously tho the pump i use every single day i left on over night by accident and it still works fine

G

GrimDawn

No ur not gonna cause an explosion by draining ur res w a utility pump lol
Seriously tho the pump i use every single day i left on over night by accident and it still works fine

I decided to go with your other idea instead and install a valve under the tote.
It's much cheaper than a pump and takes less space.

Thanks.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Hey Stoners arent dumb. They don't like to exert themselves too much. (-:

...or overthink and over complicate the simple and, in retrospect, obvious things. Trust me, I know from experience.

Jallen

Jallen

Im sorry but how is a pump not an obvious solution? To go as far as to start a thread on something so apparent. .....not that a vac is a bad choice...i just find it entertaining that someone wud need help figuring out how to do something this simple

Good thing he asked tho otherwise he might be ringing out sponges for 3 days str8 haha.....

The "quicker picker upper" lol

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
All you gota do is drill a hole in the bottom of the barrel then let it drain out, dry the hole and duct tape it see good to go next round. Duu

Latest posts

Top Bottom