how to dry and cure large quantities (Texas Kid, MPB'ers etc)

• Thread starter Xceptional
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happyinmendo

Vacuum seal it... don't compress it all the way, just get it snug without crushing it and then manually seal it. It will be the same a year later as the day you first sealed it.

F

farmerjohn

Hang up whole, in a very dark place, @ no more than 80 degrees, or over 70% humidity. 50% is better if you can get it. Change air in room every 10-15 minutes with a fan. Leave it alone except to check for crackling shade leaves. When they are, trim & shove into a paper bag for a few days, inspecting every day & moving it around. Compress it ever so slightly for a 4th day. I use Domino's steak sandwich bags stuffed half full. Three of them fit into a 9" x 6" X 2" box. (like a small flat rate box from USPS) Force them in & seal the box for 24-36 hours. This is like a box press with cigars. Tightens the nugs without squashing the nugs! Pull out the buds & begin whatever curing process you desire. Usual time of whole affair from harvest to start of cure, can be as little as 7 days. It's usually a few more though. Is there any substitute for natural drying in a slow, unrushed manner?

CannaCrone

CannaCrone

I cut and hang whole plants for a few days then lightly trim and put in paper bags for a few more days. I go by feel as to when to proceed to next step. For smaller, personal stash I finish cure/store in glass jars. For long term storage of a bumper crop, I put in large cellophane food grade bags and leave the ends unsealed, just folded over. These bags are then placed flat in a larger blanket space bag. You know, those bags that you use the vacuum cleaner to suck out all the air so you can store your clothes flat and save on storage space? They're great for MJ. Key is to leave the mj in another bag before placing in the space bag and then suck out enough air from the space bag with the vacuum cleaner to seal around interior storage bag without crushing the contents. Store in a cool dark place. RM Totes are handy for storing numerous bags. Works good for me.

Hubby is throwin me a curve this year though and wants to get one of those little Spin pro trimmers to ease his work load. Poor bastard. Trimmin it while wet and then curing it is new to me. I guess you'd do everything else the same afterward?
CC

Top Bottom