How To Fix A Broken Branch??

• Thread starter cazyboy41
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cazyboy41

hi, i have just broken one of main branch of my girl, a small part of it can still there but it doesn't hold. I enclosed that area with a a lot of napkins and wrapped with copper wire, now it can hold branch but leaves seems not so good, they falled down. Should I do something more? and is it possible to recove?

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

yep should recover just put a little aloe on the broken stem and a stretchy tape is better in my opinion. gunna take a while to recover .

str8smokn

str8smokn

When you say broken do you mean in 2 pcs, or just snapped into but still together?
If it's in two pcs then no. But you can clone the top piece. If it's snapped then yes do like @Ned Kelly said and wrap with tape any kind will do.
STR8

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

if there is still some attachment as i think u stated . wrapping with tape will hold it like a splint . but if it needs more support use a thin splint make sure the two parts are nicely together and then let nature do its thing abit of aloe on the exposed ends helps .

SpitXFire

SpitXFire

Hippie tears and force of will. But in seriousness, picked this up from the farm. Try a small straw cut to length, then split it vertically, it's cool bc as the plant heals and grows the straw can grow with it

Bannacis

Bannacis

OE="cazyboy41, post: 1518540, member: 69722"]hi, i have just broken one of main branch of my girl, a small part of it can still there but it doesn't hold. I enclosed that area with a a lot of napkins and wrapped with copper wire, now it can hold branch but leaves seems not so good, they falled down. Should I do something more? and is it possible to recove?[/QUOTE]

Use a large straw as a splint.
about 1 1/2" long.
cut down length wise with scissors.
open up straw and wrap around break.
so break is centered on straw.
roll up straw till its snug around branch.
use twist ties to secure it in place. or tape.
The perfect splint.
if branch is bigger than straw, straw will open up some.
or use a piece of strong, but flexible plastic.

Repair

Calixylon

Calixylon

Simple is better, depending on how bad the break is, a toothpick or small Popsicle stick as a splint, and a few wraps of some decent masking tape is what I do. Works great and after a few weeks once the branch recovers you can take it off.

Make sure the toothpick or matchstick is rounded and not pointy, and don't over wrap the tape but make it tight.

Use a stake as support in the first few weeks until it is strong wnough to support itself, then take the tape off

Top Bottom