How to flush soil - nutrient burn

• Thread starter Andy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Andy

Andy

Hi all, I have to flush my soil plants to get rid of extra nutrients in the soil as I have tip burn. I don’t want to compact the soil - they’re in 10L pots, about 5 weeks old (still in veg). I’m thinking of flushing 4L per plant of ph adjusted water. I’m also thinking I should pour the water very slowly so I don’t compact the soil, which would be a disaster. Could anyone tell me if I’m on the right track? And is 4L per plant enough or do I need to go up to the whole pot size worth - I.e. 10L per plant?

cheers.

uphere

uphere

If your sure you need to flush, as you haven't posted any pictures. I'm no pro but I believe you should water until 20% run off. Make sure your pots are elevated to dry. I only flush the final week of flower and its alot more then 20%. Probably best to stop with the nutes for a couple weeks. Good luck with your grow.

drcannabis.io

drcannabis.io

I agree, tip burn doesn't equate washing. Can you post pics?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Unless you added more nutrients than they need I’d just let them adjust and not feed them for a bit. By flushing you are going to wash away beneficial bacteria and nutrients they need. If you have to flush you can do so and aerate the soil with a tent stake to allow it to dry quicker and get oxygen to the roots. However I’m assuming a flush is not needed. Just cut back on feeding them until they ask for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom