how to flush soil

• Thread starter oneton
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

Radio_Dread

hey buddy, yeah i would say yes you need to flush, even when using organic nutes. i usually wait till the last 2/3 weeks to flush, but you can pretty mch flsuh your plants at any time. what i do is a take the plant i am flushing, put it in a small tray amd continously flush the plant with ph'ed water till you have a good amount of run off "flushed" from the plant. continue to disired flavour.....thats about it. some add a flushing agent such as final phase from AN. that is what i use

RD

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

its easier to just feed ro water the last 14 days before chop, instead of trying to dump a ton threw the medium,,,,,by chop they should be faded nice and the first week of just water, they will eat threw left over nutes in the medium:icon_spin:

fading out seems to work much better then Trying to rid it all out in one feeding night

JH420

JH420

It makes all the difference in the world imho. Also I don't think you should ph the water, that way the plants have less uptake of built up ferts in the soil.

devious d

devious d

i use just water for last 2 weeks, water every other feed, keeps what salts have built up in check from using organic nutes, all water ph done.

T

Trim Reaper

Always, always, always PH your water. PH is crutial for your plants to be able to use up whatever nutes are left. Also AN Final finish is a unique flushing agent in the fact that it is made up of empty chelates, which bond to the nutrients and allow for very fast uptake of remaining nutes. I used to use Clearex, but it is really just fancy sugar water, carbo loader, flavor inhancer. If you flush w water or some other flushing agent give it 2 weeks, with Final Finish you can flush for 7-10 days.

H

hgihbrid1

no need for literally flushing when growing in dirt with organic nutes. like others have said, start watering as usual, only with pure water, one to two weeks before the chop.

JH420

JH420

Always, always, always PH your water. PH is crutial for your plants to be able to use up whatever nutes are left. Also AN Final finish is a unique flushing agent in the fact that it is made up of empty chelates, which bond to the nutrients and allow for very fast uptake of remaining nutes. I used to use Clearex, but it is really just fancy sugar water, carbo loader, flavor inhancer. If you flush w water or some other flushing agent give it 2 weeks, with Final Finish you can flush for 7-10 days.

Isn't the idea behind flushing to get rid of whatever nutes are left? So then I would think you wouldn't want your plants using up what is left?

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

Isn't the idea behind flushing to get rid of whatever nutes are left? So then I would think you wouldn't want your plants using up what is left?
I like you, You get it,,,,,Who cares if there not in the uptake zone, even better if they lock out.....keeping the plant from taking in more nutes while the rest is slowly washed out threw the medium,, + what ever you use to ph up or down , goes into the plant , killing the objective in the first place:party0044:

T

Trim Reaper

I respectfully disagree. The purpose of a flush is not to empty your growing medium, rather emptying your plant.
I usually use just water the last 1.5 weeks to allow the organic material to fully digest through the plant. If using salty nute, you gotta hit w/ some flushing agent and run 2 weeks of water.
You must remember, you are feeding the growing medium, not the plants. The growing medium (soil, coco, hydro,etc.) feeds the plants. The plants store nutes and need time to absorb these through her system.
Flush till you have nothing in medium, but you gotta give the plant time to process.
My $.02 :big_boss:

J

johard59

The last 72hrs is the best time to flush the grow medium ie soil throughly will increase taste and potency by flushing the plant of fertilizers and sugars which simply don't taste good when burned.:hunter:

S

snickers

Premium Member
Supporter
Everyday or every feeding!!!

Hey Farmers,

Would a 14 day flush mean RO water for 14 straight days before harvest, or would you use RO water every normal feeding beginning 14 days before harvest?

C

Cify

Hey Farmers,

Would a 14 day flush mean RO water for 14 straight days before harvest, or would you use RO water every normal feeding beginning 14 days before harvest?

Ph'd water only for 14 days.

F

Fracked

Is it possible that after getting the PH down when you had a prolonged PH to high that all of a sudden the plants get burned because now they are no longer locked and now using all the locked out nutes from previous waterings with nutes?

T

Trim Reaper

Not likely. Your plants are prob stressed from the high ph already. If it has been a big problem, flush w ph'ed clean water 2-3 times the volume of container (3 gal pot, 6-9 gal clean h2o).

Top Bottom