How to get my plants to flower?

• Thread starter carypetro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
carypetro

carypetro

I have 3 plants 5' to 6', how do I get them out of veg and into flowering? I have 1 200w cfl and 3 100w cfls. My girls have done great with these light conditions and are growing well. Pretty soon the weather will get cooler (live in midwest ) and the room I'm using is not heated. Any help please?

sox

sox

just switch the lights to 12 hours on and 12 hours of COMPLETE darkness...no light at all

Good Luck!

Haggardass

Haggardass

gonna have some whispy buds with only 500 watts of cfl on 3 6 foot plants i suggest getting some more lights on the sides and everywhere you can squeeze them in. 6 footers in veg are trees man lol

carypetro

carypetro

Yeah they are pretty tall I can put 2 more lights on them. This is my 1st grow. Any and all advice is welcomed.

socalval

socalval

take a cut from the tree root it, top it , veg for week or two start 12/12 and find a hillside for those trees or cut them up you may be able to get away with 20 to 30 mini 6 inch plants under 7 mixed spectrum cfls .

Haggardass

Haggardass

ya man more light for sure, my first grow was with a fluorescent desk light lol

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

dont forget root space to cuz prolly filled em up in that long veg

Cuervo Porrelli

Cuervo Porrelli

Yea roots grow fairly quickly. I had my plants in red solo cups(soil) for 2-3 weeks of veg and had no idea the roots needed more space to grow already.

carypetro

carypetro

Thanks to all. Added 2 100w cfls and 12/12 light/dark. After 4days buds are popping! also added fert. and that seems to be helping.

Haggardass

Haggardass

Might wanna start thinking about grabbing something like 150 watt hps for next grow and then you already have the cfls for supplemental lighting good luck and happy growing.

carypetro

carypetro

Thanks Haggardass, I 've learned a few lessons this time. Next grow will be better, Plants are starting to put out som bud, what a relief.

Top Bottom