How to get Proper lighting in Veg Room - Veg Room Make Over

• Thread starter Sunshinegrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sunshinegrower

What's up farmers!! I have been using another forum site for a little bit, but then got turn on to this saying there's more advance farmers here. I love when I see people running at least 4k in flower!! Gives me goose bumps when I see 10k+

So here's my deal I think my Veg Room needs some more love. To get you some of the basics of what I got going so you can help as much as possible:

Flower room 6 - 1k's w/ 150 sq ft
Veg room 2 - 400w & 1 - 600w the room is 10'x10'x8'

I haven't got Co2 in yet, but it's coming for this summer only for the flower room until I can afford another setup for Veg. Besides that I have everything pretty much in check i.e. temps, humidity, bugs, nutes.

I run Sunshine 4 with Bonticare Nutes in Smart Pots. Veg them 60 days and Flower them 60 days. That way there's no down time for me.

What do you think the Veg room should have for lighting to make those girls blow up? Is there any factual stats or something showing that if you run 1k in flower you need half of that for veg? I'm thinking about doing a split off my flower room ballast so I could run an extra 2k of lighting for the 12 hrs it's off in the flower. That way it'll save some $$ and yes I'm broke again!! because I have to get my new mini split before summer to check the temps in check. I would really like to add another couple 400w. Any ideas??

J

John Smith Esq.

Hey pal, this any good?

cheap n chearful and no need for a ballast, if link no worky then just type 'Envirogrow light' into google

peace

S

Sunshinegrower

I don't really know about those lights. I'm kinda suck with MH as I have never seen anything that amazed me with CFL bulbs. You'll do alright, but I want fat, big ass trees.

I'm leaning toward 4 - 400w in a square pattern, and then tapping off 2 of 1k Hps to use as needed. I can only use them 12 hours of the day so it'll kind of be like afternoon sun for the girls.

Top Bottom