How to get rid of nats?

• Thread starter Leelandgrow3
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Fatboy

Fatboy

So I have three plants each in five gallons bucks plant tops are 18 inch from light temp is 77 80 daytime 72 69 night water every 3 to 5 to days I have good drainage and I am removing excess water from drainage tray I put sand on top like a inch but when I water it mixes in with the soil oh and I'm using fox farm ocean blend and does have perlite in it and I put a bowl of apple cider vinegar and it doesn't seem huge have a fly sticky trap in there for a week and both have only caught like 4 each so 8 all together

Bacillus thuringienses isralensis

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

Bacillus thuringienses isralensis.
Yup, it's called Gnatrol WDG. Kills the larvea in the soil.
Gnatrol

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Bacillus thuringienses isralensis.
Yup, it's called Gnatrol WDG. Kills the larvea in the soil.

BTi is also in the mosquito dunks, mosquito bits and in higher concentration microbe lift.

There are also other concentrated ag products available in larger quantities as it is used for mosquito control on ponds and standing water.

The dunks soaked in water did not get rid of them for me. Had to dry out the whole room more and also hang yellow sticky cards.

Only one on a card this week and i saw one running down the side of the pot when i watered last night. This is after a massive 2 month infestation from multiple bags of highly infected soil in use.

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Well found out this morning one plant is female other two males so time to toss the boys and leave the pretty lady

Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

So what could this be a deficiency or bugs problem only on this plant

Resized 20190712 173711
Resized 20190712 173701
Resized 20190712 173650
Leelandgrow3

Leelandgrow3

Could this be spray damage not any signs on my other plants I sprayed and I heard from a family member that grows neem oil is bad for u he said it's used for garden vegetables cause they get washed off can't wash off buds

Resized 20190712 173711
Resized 20190712 173701
Resized 20190712 173650
Mewzette

Mewzette

Gnats don't hurt your plants. They just reproduce in the top 2 inches of soil. So if you use a smart pot you only have to keep them off the top. You can use the Damascus earth, sand, or neem oil on the top to get rid of them. Don't keep your soil wet. Dry soil and sand cuts them up.

Homegrown365

Homegrown365

As a coco user I seem to usually get the gnats. During early veg I cover w/perlite, and throughout grow I use the yellow sticky cards. This works for me. I've come to accept they're just part of the grow. Hope you find a solution that works for you. Try em all n see.
Success w/ya grow!!!
Cheers.

IMG 4167
IMG 4386
Top Bottom