How to get rid of Spider mites

• Thread starter Isoreign
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

Isoreign

How do I get rid of spider mites or at least hold their level to a minimal level during flower….im growing organically so I would love to keep it a little more natural. I heard that neem oil can mess up the taste of your bud so I’m not to sure if I want to use it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
How do I get rid of spider mites or at least hold their level to a minimal level during flower….im growing organically so I would love to keep it a little more natural. I heard that neem oil can mess up the taste of your bud so I’m not to sure if I want to use it.
I've taken mine outside and used a high pressure fine spray of water to knock their numbers down then let dry with a fan on them before I returned them to the bright lights. I did it daily for a few days mid flower but at the end my plants were still covered in mites to the point of webs on my top buds. Then I had to kill and bleach everything to rid myself of them. I'm hoping I don't get them just talking about the little fkers. Tis the season for me.

I

Isoreign

I've taken mine outside and used a high pressure fine spray of water to knock their numbers down then let dry with a fan on them before I returned them to the bright lights. I did it daily for a few days mid flower but at the end my plants were still covered in mites to the point of webs on my top buds. Then I had to kill and bleach everything to rid myself of them. I'm hoping I don't get them just talking about the little fkers. Tis the season for me.
Lmao fuck these little bitches but Yeah I’ve read that u can use water to knock there numbers down a bit

indogrow420

indogrow420

Screenshot 20220630 1953362

flowerdave

flowerdave

if you get to them early enough i use persimulis mites to get them fuckers. 50 bucks will take care of a decent size room . You must have some spider mites to keep them going . when there are no more spider mites they die.

I

Isoreign

if you get to them early enough i use persimulis mites to get them fuckers. 50 bucks will take care of a decent size room . You must have some spider mites to keep them going . when there are no more spider mites they die.
This was what I was thinking, I was going to order some off of Amazon for my 10 by 10 tent I have 12 plants and I seen web on two of them….

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I had them mid flower. I hosed them off, dried them then I hit them with dr.doom foggers a couple of times over a week or so to kill eggs and turned on the air conditioner to lower sixties and that got me through flower ok. Good luck.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Fight fire with fire lol

JMO but the problem with predators is you have to get them when they are really hungry,you can't force them to eat.I have bought ladybugs,lacewings etc before and they just die or go elsewhere and many of the predators are dead on arrival,I think they are meant for greenhouses. It's not like you let them go and they start devouring the mites,they manage over time and adapt to their new environment ,it would be nice if that's how it actually worked though. If you are between grows and have the time and won't be in the room,hang a no pest strip it gets rid of them and any pest in the room,then start a maintenance program.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
If your near the end a shop vac on low sucks them right off, takes care of webs too. Need to do it every day though. If it's early flower then a sulfur burner is great, just need a safe way to vent to sulfur fumes.
Im with dream fox they hate sulpher. There’s a wettable sulphur product that you can spray, heard great things for mites and pm in flower.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
A lot of good suggestions here - taking plants out and spraying them, massaging the branches with your fingers and knocking off as many bugs and eggs as you can.. Sulfur, etc. All good options

I also like to hang a couple of these in my indoor grow rooms - https://www.amazon.com/Hot-Shot-HG-...1656691582&sprefix=hot+shot+no,aps,480&sr=8-3

They're pretty cheap at your local walmart or whatever, too. They last about long enough for 1 cycle (seed/clone thru veg, till end of flower) and work great for keeping spider mites at bay during flower.

Next time you could try using those, and I would recommend a few preventative sprays of neem before you switch to flower..

I do not know how well the strips work for infestations but for prevention they work great.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

After my first mite problem I have decided to get pro active. I use "Pure Spray" by general hydroponics during veg. It is just a mineral oil and it drowns them. It is "pure" as there is no poison or anything. I decided to go this route instead of neem oil as I have heard of neem oil poisonings happening. They thing it makes people super sick and nauseous and only hot showers make it go away. super weird. I would rather smoke dead mites than deal with that lol.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
After my first mite problem I have decided to get pro active. I use "Pure Spray" by general hydroponics during veg. It is just a mineral oil and it drowns them. It is "pure" as there is no poison or anything. I decided to go this route instead of neem oil as I have heard of neem oil poisonings happening. They thing it makes people super sick and nauseous and only hot showers make it go away. super weird. I would rather smoke dead mites than deal with that lol.

The only issue with neem is a lot of folks don't do it right. Another problem is the neem oils with the active ingredient azadirachtin- that I do not recommend. Azadirachtin can end up in buds even if you only sprayed during veg.

I use Garden Safe Neem Oil Extract - it does not have azadirachtin in it, and it works very well.

There's also this other stuff I found that works AMAZINGLY well, and it's organic https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PH46H8K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It's just a little pricey, but works wonders.

Top Bottom