How to get tight dense nugs

• Thread starter inthefire
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
budfriend

budfriend

hey edux 10....Ive never had a problem with bud rot. Always had high Rh since i started. At first it was because thats what it was(exhaust to small) but now i always try for it.

Yeah i use a sulfer burner but cut it after about week two..when bud sites start...dont wanna be smoking that...but the burner is more for pm....but more as preventative so i never have it. Same as treating plants for bugs organicily before they get them. Part of the routine. I've had about every problem there is so now i just make sure i never have them agian. ALot less work in the long run.

As far as bud rot only strains i ever see a little on are blueberry strains and crosses but i never really run those any more. But if i every saw it it was only minor. Maybe 1/8 worth per 1k. Chems and Kushes are so frosty and resin coated i dont think anything can get to them. why smoke anything else? Resin is a shield.

Also i have alot of fans going above and equal with the containers. The fans at the base level will kill any attempt by bugs. they get sucked through and blown away. One time i was gone from my room for a while and came back to a few nats flying around but looking on the floor close the the fans just under the plant buckets was a graveyard of dead bugs. The population can never take off and get out of control. Plus fans make stems and everything stronger for when the buds get heavy.

I let the temps get up to about 85...as long as the plants arent getting burned by the lights. you every been to the tropics???

Also for years i always had slow starts getting them going. RH was low because plants barely perspire. Now i do my best to keep it as high as possible in veg but ussually can only get about 50. I need a better humidifier but 50 is fine. Id love to see what 70rh does in veg.

I do cut rh and temp down the last week to finish them off. Along with nutes and sometimes shorter days.

hope this helps

T

TwoCreeks

.........I would put ''Nutes'' further down the List due to the Fact that most of the Plants I've seen are Basically Burning up with Toxic Levels of Nutrients.......

I think this is one of the most astute comments I've seen on the forum. I agree completely.

F

farmerjohn

Typically my bud room is 65-70% rh lites off & 55-60% on. The rh drops as the room heats up. Which is my concern. Unless I run the in/out ventilation, it gets too hot, even with several fans. Leaf up-curl on anything that doesnt measure up rootwise is the result. I only see that during Summer here, when outdoor temps are very high, as well as rh. I guess I'll know in a month, when the Chemo is due. @ 5 wks it looks like anything that made the SOG will be dense & big, while anything below will be wispy & sparse. guess that is just common sense.

D

dican01

light intensity, 1000w hps is best, or a mix or mh and hps. and genetics, it is predetermined in the dna of the plant how big the buds can get. other than that, it is basically up to environment and the grower. nutrients are all doing the same thing. if you have huge colas, lowering the humidity decreases the chance of mold. i don't think the humidity is making them any bigger/smaller. humidity should always be under 50 percent in the flowering room.

G

ghostfacegrower

of course you want your room dialed in thats a given and a good feeding schedule but i have also found that good air movement is prime.

U

utopian

I'm bring this thread back from the dead because I am searching for the same answers as the OP, and didn't find all of the information in this thread I desired.

I am in hydro under current, 12 plants, 6000w, C02, 80 temps, 50% RH, House and Garden full line, 100 gallons of water.

I'm after rock hard buds. What are the secrets? I've heard flushing them with specific methods can help. I've also heard that holding back on the water can help too. Does lowering C02 ppm in the last couple weeks help? I know it has a lot to do with strain, but beyond that, what are the secrets to get super dense buds?

Thank you for any feedback anyone can provide.

E

ent

I am in hydro under current, 12 plants, 6000w, C02, 80 temps, 50% RH, House and Garden full line, 100 gallons of water.

If your environment is as described above, then the problem would be genetics. The secret? Healthy plants with your environment in check- and you should get a very good representation of the genes you're growing.

You can add some gravity late in bloom to help, but even w/o you should be able to pull rock hard nugs if its in the genes.

K

KING_KONG_KOLAS

You need 3 things for bigger denser nugs!!
In this order..
1-Good genetics that produce dense nugs.. Some strains are rock hard.. others loose as a goose..
2-Controlled enviorment with 600hps or better..
3-Last but not least.. Food/Water..

J

jglass

i always thought it was strain dependant...
ive had grows where one time the yeild was not as dense as the previous one. but thats when i realized i was outa co2.... :hunter:

jimmyhoffa59

jimmyhoffa59

Just check your strains, which you have yet to tell us what your growing, and keep your environment in check, I know first hand nutes can be put WAY down the list, a buddy of mine grew some crap outside and hardly even checked on them, only water and some junk nutes he got ahold of for free, yet when it came harvest my indoor with full H&G nutes were quite fluffy compared to his outside, neglected plants rock hard nuggets. I would agree on keeping major airflow through your plants, exercising them invokes them to build tighter buds than on a wispy wimpy branch vs. a blown around toughened up one. Just sharing my experience.

A

antimatter

1... Feed upwards of 2.5 ec in bloom...
2... Strong 'wind' in the grow...

Density is strain dependant of course but these things can influence nug density....

Overfeeding will do it for sure but I don't recommend it.... You can never flush properly afterwords... I'm talking rock hard... Concrete .... Steel .... HEAVY....

5.0 ec

wtf

A

Albert

hi all,
I gonna add my .02 to this

I believe a steady suppply of CaMg.. and for the bloom a higher dose of K than P..
since the Pk13-14 ratio hit the scene, I think some researchers have noticed that K and Ca/Mg have more of an impact on flower density than P .

My RH has bounced around for years,(within 20%+/- var) with little to no effect on the density ...but when I changed to HG , and changed some additives to increase K..Plants got heavier, Dense like never before and matured up to a week earlier.

Ca, Mg and K are my votes. BIG lights and CO2 go without saying.

W

weedfarm

growing the same strain under 600's and 1000's I had denser buds off the 1000's.

Pretty much everything mentioned, lights, strain, co2 etc will help.

I saw a couple comments about lowering Co2 at the end. I have read that high Co2 stops ethylene production. Ethylene is used by the plant to help ripen. I have started shutting off CO2 the last 2 weeks

P

pokergod

Genetics, Lighting for sure. I also find that growing in hydro, beats growing in other mediums for density.

HeadGrow

HeadGrow

Yeah I know, when i read those EC ratings the first thing that went thru my head was "I really hope people don't try that." a level 5 EC will kill pretty much any plant. That would equate to about a 2500 ppm reading with the 0.5 conversion; that's huge!

And high EC levels or fert solutions is not the way to getting dense nugs.

A

alsheating

LOTS of light....thats what you need....and as close as possible for rock hard nugs....and all other factors of the grow room should be in top class state such as temps moistuure etc.:harvest:

420Gator

420Gator

speaking of getting the lights close somebody told me about a supplement used to allow for closer light placement and now i dont remember the name, i think it starts with a "P"? anyone have any idea what im talking about?

Misterdirt

Misterdirt

If there's a vote going on here, I'm with the genetics/light intensity crowd for being the most important factors.

F

freshproduce

It all depends on the strain and how short the plant is in my opinion. If you're doing a sea of green in rockwool cubes in a tray so to speak and maxed it out. Veg 1 week and flower. I don't care what it is it's usually going to be solid. The other thing is nutes of course. I use the Advanced line because I have been for 5 years. Use whatever works for you though. Just make sure you know how to feed them properly and you should have some really tight nugs. I know I do every time and I use a soiless mix. Go with the kushes if you really want tight nugs!!!! That's the only stuff I go with along with the sour diesel, Chemdog, and everyhthing else in the family. They are all tight ass nugs dude! Trust me! Hope this helps!
Fresh Produce

Latest posts

Top Bottom