How to get tighter buds any ideas or don't worry about it ?

• Thread starter Weedwhacke421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

so what we've learned is that nobody really knows and we are all going on objection hearsay 🥸
Kinda but not really. Every grow and genetic is different and there is no one answer. The answer is it depends on the specific grow. If you read something that has a linear answer for all situations then its likely not the best advice…. There are very few hard rules to growing and literally 99% of the time it depends. Change one thing and it changes many things

Shaded_One

Shaded_One

Kinda but not really. Every grow and genetic is different and there is no one answer. The answer is it depends on the specific grow. If you read something that has a linear answer for all situations then its likely not the best advice…. There are very few hard rules to growing and literally 99% of the time it depends. Change one thing and it changes many things

That's why I love growing! Not many things are a mad combination of Science and Art. Cooking? Engineering? Can't think of much else.

Stonerbudz

Stonerbudz

Some formulas that might help out with grows and bud tightening for for messy writing

648216C3 3698 43CB 926F 4A324F73EC30
38E6EC25 3E4E 416D 83B6 180230238F2F
Madmax

Madmax

Everything plays a role to an extent… many are exaggerated. The biggest is genetics the next is spectral. But absolutely temps play a role as does every other factor… its the extent that we need to understand.
The 1 percenters. 😃.. i just try to keep it simple.mix nutes correctly,water temp correct.stick to a certain air temp & humidity.keep it stable with no big swings.feed light,have good drainage.light a a good distance to canopy.great air exchange frequently...the list goes on.. it all adds up

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yup specifically very humid nights and very dry days. About the worst thing can happen. Spore germ at night and dispersion during the day… perfect storm. Air movement is also key

steamroller

steamroller

so what we've learned is that nobody really knows and we are all going on objection hearsay 🥸

I just want to say that everyones water is not the same .
Even if you prepare it like the other guy. Learned this long ago with the fish .
pH is such a bullshit measurement ! The fact it works into this plants lifestyle shows how diverse this plant can really be kept and successfully grown .
Genetics is the one thing we have no control over so it is boss.
You can play with every parameter you want and even, maybe manage some of them .
Genetics is what you got. You ain't changing that in one grow .

Weedwhacke421

Weedwhacke421

Well, here are my purple haze plants and one picture of my mother plant. they are getting close to the finish line. the Two that are together are California dreams. the little plants are purple haze clones.

DSCN1020
DSCN1024
DSCN1025
DSCN1016
DSCN1021
Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Definitely genetics over light. Two S1’s grown right next to each other under the same light in the same tent. Chunky, frosty, rock hard colas from one. The purple one is barely fit for hash. Both fed the same regimen.
CE2C796C 436F 4FAE A8D9 BE6F23519AEF
B980A943 9912 420B 9E84 974B4D96C7D3

Clearbluesky

Clearbluesky

Also use less nitrogen in your nutrients, nitrogen can cause fluffy bud's, but genetics is the number one thing to have then have the good lights and nutrients to finish it off. There's really a lot of things to do right to get good buds even if you have the best genetics doesn't mean you are going to get it unless you have some skills in growing.

Garbage_bear

Garbage_bear

I just grew two strains side by side. Living soil. Bag seed and store bought seed. Store bought seed produced a very bushy plant with lots of larf and loose bids except the tops which were tight.

Bagseed produced plants with less leaves and more light penetrated the buds producing rock hard nugs. So I think it it light and genetics.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Bud density is a genetic trait. You can feed your Poodle a pefectly balanced diet and exercise and it will never be a Labrador. I don't care how much light and food you give them, my Colombian will never make tight buds. In my grow, more light makes bigger buds. It doesn't make them any denser.
I've been growing Bubble Bomb plants in my cycle for 1-2 years now. I had 3 clones off 1 mother 2 I put in my flower room with a 1000w hps the other went under a new se3000 led. I got bigger harder buds off the led grown BB and more volume. I filled 1 quart jars with both under the hps and 1/ 1/3 jars off the led grown....so there is a way to get harder buds if you're not using led......if you are already using led...just pretend I wasn't here......I know some folks don't like the boosters but I use Kool Bloom because I believe it helps with the density of my buds. I went without it for a couple of runs and went back to it because I get nicer buds....

growsince79

growsince79

I've been growing Bubble Bomb plants in my cycle for 1-2 years now. I had 3 clones off 1 mother 2 I put in my flower room with a 1000w hps the other went under a new se3000 led. I got bigger harder buds off the led grown BB and more volume. I filled 1 quart jars with both under the hps and 1/ 1/3 jars off the led grown....so there is a way to get harder buds if you're not using led......if you are already using led...just pretend I wasn't here......I know some folks don't like the boosters but I use Kool Bloom because I believe it helps with the density of my buds. I went without it for a couple of runs and went back to it because I get nicer buds....
Agree the kool bloom makes rocks. In fact, I'm gonna quit using it because some of the nugs are too tight.

Madmax

Madmax

Are they growing spires mate? like groups of fresh pistils .this could b the plants last ditch to try and pollente itself and throw nanner or so..if not just discard this comment..how longs it been budding..indica ..sativa.

Latest posts

Top Bottom