How to glue down poly to wood 2x4s

• Thread starter woody420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

woody420

what up hey what is the best WHY TO GLUE DOWN BLACK AND WHITE POLY TO WOOD2X4. IM USING LOCTITE PL300 ADHESIVE AND ITS NOT WORKING THE WAY I NEED IT TO. THANKS 4 THE HAND

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm thinking wallpaper glue would work.

fred

W

woody420

thanks fred. 4 real man does it cure fast u have used it before

Papa

Papa

Supporter
That stuffs tuff to glue bro, best bet is some 1x trim over the plastic, screw'd to the studs, some residue or the glossyness of the plastic itself makes it very hard to glue, otherwise silicone would work, stretch it tight and get some "Door stop" its like 1/4" by 1 1/4 and you can drywall screw threw it and your plastic sheeting.
Thats alls i can think of.

that's the ticket. it works great.

although i use a pneumatic stapler because i tend to split the wood when using screws.

soaringfast

soaringfast

3m77 spray adhesive. Make sure to spray both sides and let it dry before laminating together. Do a test piece first.
Caution this stuff is very sticky and messy.

squarepusher

squarepusher

duct_tape_baby_mianro.jpg

J

Jalisco Kid

Contact cement as mentioned, I use those grey cardboard strips they use to level out drywall and a staple gun. JK

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
LAUGH MY FUCKING ASS OFF! You're a man after my own heart, squarepusher. Check out how I take my nephew for rides on my scoot. His daddy couldn't do it, he's only got crotch rockets. CJ needed his titi because she's got a sissy bar on her ride.

Bikin baby CJ Rotate
500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I use a staple gun, but I tear a peace of duct tape and fold it into a small rectangle, just larger than the staple. I put the staple through the duct tape when stapling the poly. I've found this prevents the staple from tearing through the poly. I'm sure theres a better way though since this is tedious to do for a couple hundred staples, like the cardboard strips mentioned above.

G

Genius Genetics

I use a staple gun, but I tear a peace of duct tape and fold it into a small rectangle, just larger than the staple. I put the staple through the duct tape when stapling the poly. I've found this prevents the staple from tearing through the poly. I'm sure theres a better way though since this is tedious to do for a couple hundred staples, like the cardboard strips mentioned above.

thats the one ^^^^^

just use a staple gun bro.
its the easiest way with no mess or waitin for glue to set/go off

did you get that soma book bro???

J

jakew215

Gorrilla Tape (thats how they spell it) with a few staples into studs, works on sheetrock too, just use a lot of staples and dont pull too tight. i did my entire room this way... i know its black and not ideal but the tape is the stickiest ive ever used and it wont tear, usually pull the staples out of the wall before they will pull through...

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
thanks fred. 4 real man does it cure fast u have used it before

I was picturing a 2 x 4 wall for some reason. Trying to attach to a plywood wall or drywall. Anyway, I used some Furring strips and trim I had to attach Poly to 2x4s. Light still leaked through on the windows etc so I removed the trim and put weather strip on the back and put it back on. It contoured to the surface and sealed the little leakes in the room.

Tape will tear the paper on the sheetrock when removed. If you have to repair it later it have to be skimmed with sheetrock mud to fix it. I used the weather strip attached to back of trim again. That way I could attach to a finished wall and and only leave a few screw holes to repair. A lot easier then tape tears. If it doesn't matter all the better.

fred

W

woody420

i used the 3m shit that got the job done right. thanks for all the input i uses a mixed of the ideas good looking out.

thats the one ^^^^^

just use a staple gun bro.
its the easiest way with no mess or waitin for glue to set/go off

did you get that soma book bro???

what up gg i read that book online going o make my beds like that i figure a 4x16 footbed with five or four 1000w over it what do u think? think i will get some bomb light that way ? ?

J

jakew215

what up gg i read that book online going o make my beds like that i figure a 4x16 footbed with five or four 1000w over it what do u think? think i will get some bomb light that way ? ?

4 would be plenty, but 5 would be tight.

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
if you want to glue shit that you dont want to come apart liquid nails construction adhesive say no more

W

wowzerz

Staple gun and cardboard pieces (staple through the cardboard and plastic, it makes the plastic less likely to tear) this is what I have always used and it works great.

Top Bottom