how to harvest n cure outdoors????

• Thread starter pwg_captin420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

Like the tittle states how can i if possible dry n cure outdoors???
Think my first grow maybe a G.G. just tryn to feel out the planning stage. Any and all help
Is needed. :sign0065:
Peace captin 420:cool0041:

K

kolah

Outdoors? Is that your only option? You do know that sunlight and the elements (rain, etc) will be detrimental to your crop right? Or are you talking more of drying them in an open garage or something like that?

From what I have read, a slow dry where temps and humidity are controlled are best. But hey, down in Mexico they often pull the plants and leave them out in the fields to dry. (that is how Acapulco Gold gots its name...as the plants turned a golden color from the sun. (so goes the legend)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Depends on outside temps and humility

Pretty wet and cold in central Ca. right now...

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Outdoors? Is that your only option? You do know that sunlight and the elements (rain, etc) will be detrimental to your crop right? Or are you talking more of drying them in an open garage or something like that?

From what I have read, a slow dry where temps and humidity are controlled are best. But hey, down in Mexico they often pull the plants and leave them out in the fields to dry. (that is how Acapulco Gold gots its name...as the plants turned a golden color from the sun. (so goes the legend)

Howdy Kolah

Pretty cool about the Acapulco gold....never knew that....Loved that stuff

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Why do you need to do this outside?

I think the lack of responses stem from the lack of clarity in the question. Do you want to dry this stuff outside, or are these outdoor plants that need the attention?

Going on the info in the question, you can't "cure" outdoors, since curing is done in an airtight container. Drying is best accomplished when all environmental factors can be regulated, and any extremes eliminated.

I guess a well ventilated tent should work. I would just keep out of direct sun, keep protected from any moisture, and keep out of the direct path of any wind.

pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

Okay okay i see what u guys mean by cureing out doors
Think i jumped gun the question. What i. Should have asked
Was. How's does one dry a large outdoor harvest?? Once agin this
Is just the planning stages of my first grow. .I'm thinking like 99
Plants!!!!! I like to do It big and have fun.

pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

O and a big thanks to everyone on the farm
would be lost with out you guys
Peace n love to you all.

T

Thdaoub

harvest n cure outdoors, It depends on the outdoor environment and seasons.

D

diesel707

Your gonna need a really big room to hang 99 at one time. The easiest way to do that many is to have a few different strains that finish at different times. But anyway your gonna need a really big dark dry room with a heater, dehumidifier, and lots of fans. Hang strings from the ceiling make sure their hooked in really good. Hang the plants from the stings set the heater to about 65 to 70 and dehumidifer on about 50 to 55 turn on all your fans set them so that the air is circulating around the room it helps to make sure the dehumidifier isn't only drying one area. Just let them hang for 5 to 7 days and then chop the branches off the stalk and put them into plastic totes. Put the totes somewhere cool dry dark and SECURE check totes every couple of days to make sure their not to wet still from moisture in the stalk and flip the piles of branches over until thier uniformly moist and dry enough then trim

pwg_captin420

pwg_captin420

Your gonna need a really big room to hang 99 at one time. The easiest way to do that many is to have a few different strains that finish at different times. But anyway your gonna need a really big dark dry room with a heater, dehumidifier, and lots of fans. Hang strings from the ceiling make sure their hooked in really good. Hang the plants from the stings set the heater to about 65 to 70 and dehumidifer on about 50 to 55 turn on all your fans set them so that the air is circulating around the room it helps to make sure the dehumidifier isn't only drying one area. Just let them hang for 5 to 7 days and then chop the branches off the stalk and put them into plastic totes. Put the totes somewhere cool dry dark and SECURE check totes every couple of days to make sure their not to wet still from moisture in the stalk and flip the piles of branches over until thier uniformly moist and dry enough then trim

Thanks a lot man this is the answer i was lookin for
I'm not to good at askin questions so i thought
Post. Was unclear n stupid. Anyway. Ive read or herd
Ppl hang string between trees and hang the plants upside down.
Then place a white sheet over string n plants. It looks like a
Like a t.p. tent. Or an A frame tent. When done.will this
Work r will this give me the haylike look n smell??
Thanx :pimp:

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There are some threads by Wallyduck somewhere..find those, he used to harvest and do his initial dry in tents right beside the outdoor plots.

Tex

D

diesel707

No problem man. I know what u mean about asking questions i'm pretty hesitant on if also. I've never tried to dry anything actually outside b/c where i live gets way to cold and moist and night for it dry properly without having mold problems. I guess that as long as your climate stays somewhat warm and dry you could dry outside just have to make sure they don't get any direct sunlight

Top Bottom