How to induce polyploid in a plant

• Thread starter NugetRocket
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

NugetRocket

Hello guys! Has anyone experimented with polyploids? There seems to be a little knowledge related to the Cannabis polyploids itself.
It seems to have huge potential theoretical benefit but it's hard to find any proper way to apply colchicine and when to do it. Also it's hard to get pure colchicine from anywhere, so i think my only option is to use the (Colchicum autumnale) plant to get it from there. However, the process is probably just not, like: break the plant on the pot with water, mix and dip seeds in. I mean maybe it can work, but i am not sure if the plant has other chemicals which may kill the seed instantly etc.

Any ideas? Best way to induce polyploid? Sorry for rambling.

B

BudzAldrin

Oryzalin at 20uM and 1000ppm of tween20 to keep it in suspension. Colchicine is more toxic to humans and not as effective on plants.

N

NugetRocket

Oryzalin at 20uM and 1000ppm of tween20 to keep it in suspension. Colchicine is more toxic to humans and not as effective on plants.
Interesting. This helps a lot. I was not aware of these and now i found a lot of interesting stuff, which i need to study more.

Could you explain quickly why you need to keep it on a suspension?

Also would you try to induce clones or seeds for in example?

Also do you think that i can find "Oryzalin" or "Polysorbate 20" from nature itself? / Is it easily extractable/usable?
Probably not i guess already.

We have a lot of weed killer products locally as well, but with a quick googling, they used different chemicals. If i can't find them locally, then i might have to try shipping.

I will google a lot of stuff later on, but if you could write anything regarding the general common stuff or any tips, i would appreciate it.

Like2Grow

Like2Grow

Hello guys! Has anyone experimented with polyploids? There seems to be a little knowledge related to the Cannabis polyploids itself.
It seems to have huge potential theoretical benefit but it's hard to find any proper way to apply colchicine and when to do it. Also it's hard to get pure colchicine from anywhere, so i think my only option is to use the (Colchicum autumnale) plant to get it from there. However, the process is probably just not, like: break the plant on the pot with water, mix and dip seeds in. I mean maybe it can work, but i am not sure if the plant has other chemicals which may kill the seed instantly etc.

Any ideas? Best way to induce polyploid? Sorry for rambling.

Some genetics are polyploid naturally too.

Top Bottom