How to install 2 600w bulbs in 1 Adjust-a-Wing

• Thread starter LexLuthor
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LexLuthor

LexLuthor

Hey Farmers, I am planning on buying a large a-wing and a 600w ballast, I already have a 600w light setup plus an extra bulb. I wanna know how to setup 2 bulbs into 1 a-wing reflector.

I plan on connecting the new ballast and bulb to the a-wing socket, then use my other ballast and light socket from my old setup and connect the socket to the other side of the a-wing. Will this work?? Do I need any other equipment or attachments??

Anybody with experience using 2 600's in 1 a-wing please let me know how you set it up and if there is something else I need. I plan on buying this new setup within a couple weeks so I need someone to explain how to do this before I buy the equipment. I searched Google and couldn't find anything helpful, thanks in advance to any help/advice and replies.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

The title might be a little different then my post, I should have put "How do I" instead of "How to". Sorry about that and I hope it ain't misleading.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

I think I figured it out, I have to buy a light socket with the cord. The A-Wing socket that cost about $50 on Ebay will fit on the other side of the reflector and it will most likely plug-into a 600w Apollo ballast.

If anybody can confirm this it will be greatly appreciated. I just don't wanna spend $300 on something that won't work.

Also, can I use different wattage bulbs on the same socket?? Basically, if I buy a Large Adjust-A-Wing can I use a 600w bulb?? I'm going to buy an A-Wing socket so I can use 2 600's in the same reflector, so my question is, can I use any wattage bulb on those sockets or do I need to buy specific sockets???

I'm almost positive I can use any wattage bulb on the same socket, as long as its connected to the correct ballast.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I think I figured it out, I have to buy a light socket with the cord. The A-Wing socket that cost about $50 on Ebay will fit on the other side of the reflector and it will most likely plug-into a 600w Apollo ballast.

If anybody can confirm this it will be greatly appreciated. I just don't wanna spend $300 on something that won't work.

Also, can I use different wattage bulbs on the same socket?? Basically, if I buy a Large Adjust-A-Wing can I use a 600w bulb?? I'm going to buy an A-Wing socket so I can use 2 600's in the same reflector, so my question is, can I use any wattage bulb on those sockets or do I need to buy specific sockets???

I'm almost positive I can use any wattage bulb on the same socket, as long as its connected to the correct ballast.

you can use the same socket. its the ballast you need to match up to the bulb.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

you can use the same socket. its the ballast you need to match up to the bulb.

I'm using Apollo bulbs with a no-name ballast, but I'm gonna buy an Apollo ballast for the 2nd bulb. I know the old socket will work, but it probably won't fit on the A-Wing correctly. The A-Wing socket is configured differently then most other sockets I've seen. I'll just have to either dish out $50 for the socket or figure out a way to connect the old socket to the A-Wing without causing damage to the reflector. Thanks for the info.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

HELL YEAH!!!! These adjust-a-wings rock!!

I just got mine yesterday and the way it spreads light and heat over the entire canopy is amazing compared to my old piece of shit "bat wing 13 inch wide" bull shit. I'm not using 2 600's because my old ballast just happen to blow the same day I got my new stuff. So I bought another ballast last night and hopefully its here within 1 week. I'll post on here if it spreads the heat with 2 600's more then the old reflector with 1 600. I'm pretty confident it will because the temps dropped about 10 degrees F and the bulb is about 2-3 inches closer to the canopy then with the old reflector. It went from 78F to 68F, but with another 600 in there it will jump higher but I don't think it should go over 80F.

So what does anybody think about using 2 600's in the same hood instead of a 1k?? I'm using the 600's because I already had 1 and it was less expensive for me, but for someone who is buying a new setup, would the extra cost of 2 bulbs and ballasts justify the increase in yield over time?? I'm asking because I never used a 1k and I rarely see people using 2 600's in 1 hood.

Top Bottom