• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Kushymane

Kushymane

Media: M3 soil
Temp/Hum: 22-24C/55-60H
Tent: 3x3
Light: 313W
Flowering 9 girls in a 3x3 in 1 gallon fabric pots.. I’ve heard that it can be hard to keep ladies healthy in one gallon pots with soil as a medium.. just wanted to see if any pros have any advice.. I want to remain organic. I’ve been feeding with 5-2-4 the whole way through. On day 3 of flower.. I know someone is making successful runs in 1 gal soil..
How to keep 1 gal flowering girls healthy

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
My last run I had a few plants in promix in 1 gal fabric pots and they did ok. 9 in a 3x3 shouldnt give you any issues because really you should be flipping soon. Where it gets tricky with soil or promix in a 1 gallon pot is when you are vegging for a month or more running bigger plants. You get multiple wet dry cycles and you're better off using a media with a better air/water holding capacity than soil.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Plants look like they could use a little more Potassium Magnesium and iron btw, but otherwise they look good. What are you using for starting water?

Seraphine

Seraphine

Media: M3 soil
Temp/Hum: 22-24C/55-60H
Tent: 3x3
Light: 313W
Flowering 9 girls in a 3x3 in 1 gallon fabric pots.. I’ve heard that it can be hard to keep ladies healthy in one gallon pots with soil as a medium.. just wanted to see if any pros have any advice.. I want to remain organic. I’ve been feeding with 5-2-4 the whole way through. On day 3 of flower.. I know someone is making successful runs in 1 gal soil.. View attachment 961224
I grow in one gallon fabrics but I’m a coco grower. My only advice is to not keep them in veg too long. I get mine in veg for about 6 weeks before flipping to flower. My sativas still grow to be about 4 feet tall though. My indica stay pretty short.

Kushymane

Kushymane

Plants look like they could use a little more Potassium Magnesium and iron btw, but otherwise they look good. What are you using for starting water?
Appreciate the speedy reply man I’m using tap water currently 7.5 ph 40 ppm

Kushymane

Kushymane

I grow in one gallon fabrics but I’m a coco grower. My only advice is to not keep them in veg too long. I get mine in veg for about 6 weeks before flipping to flower. My sativas still grow to be about 4 feet tall though. My indica stay pretty short.
I flipped into flower three days ago brother they’re about a 1.5-2 feet tall vegged em for about 6 weeks

Kushymane

Kushymane

I’ll hit em with a dose of potassium and mag just to be sure lol

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
With a ppm that low for your tap water you should really be using a bit of calmag, say 100-150ppm, that would fix your Mg and iron issues I bet, and correct the Ca- you are likely about to see very shortly lol. And your K issue could be resolved by using a nutrient with an NPK closer to 3-2-4.

Kushymane

Kushymane

With a ppm that low for your tap water you should really be using a bit of calmag, say 100-150ppm, that would fix your Mg and iron issues I bet, and correct the Ca- you are likely about to see very shortly lol. And your K issue could be resolved by using a nutrient with an NPK closer to 3-2-4.
I do put in a co
I’m running a 5-2-4 now would that be enough K or should I up it some more? I usually put a few drops of cal mag and silica in with my waterings but I’ll start bumping it up to 150 ppm.. thanks again man

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I do put in a co

I’m running a 5-2-4 now would that be enough K or should I up it some more? I usually put a few drops of cal mag and silica in with my waterings but I’ll start bumping it up to 150 ppm.. thanks again man
No worries. An NPK with K higher than N would be best, especially if you add 150ppm Calmag which usually has even more nitrogen, throwing things even more out of whack. 150ppm calmag wont play nice with a nutrient that has higher N than K I dont think. You'll overload the plants with N.

Latest posts

Top Bottom