How to keep plant genetics

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shayne010944

Shayne010944

who can chime In on how to create a seed ?

With my current plants going if I want to keep a strain without cloning it can I produce a seed out of it somehow ? Do I need pollen ?

Sorry new to this . Normally just sfart new seeds for the new runs but I’m curious to keep one

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
You can spray a branch with Colloidal silver and get the plant to self it’s self.

Cs will make it produce male pollen sacks ( you need pollen to pollinate )

I dunno if this also works with sts

After you’ve spayed the plants with cs you cannot smoke it same with sts

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

One thing to keep in mind is that if you have a male or reversed plant in your tent, it will pollinate all the females in the tent.

3cats

3cats

who can chime In on how to create a seed ?

With my current plants going if I want to keep a strain without cloning it can I produce a seed out of it somehow ? Do I need pollen ?

Sorry new to this . Normally just sfart new seeds for the new runs but I’m curious to keep one
Why no cloning is my ask? I take a cut or 2 off my plants before I flip them. 2 months later when mom has been harvested I've a 2 month old plant with the same gene's ready to flip so I take a cut or 2 flip and grow out the cuts. The cycle continues until I tire of the strain and want new genes

Shayne010944

Shayne010944

Why no cloning is my ask? I take a cut or 2 off my plants before I flip them. 2 months later when mom has been harvested I've a 2 month old plant with the same gene's ready to flip so I take a cut or 2 flip and grow out the cuts. The cycle continues until I tire of the strain and want new genes
I can’t seem to get anything to clone I gave up lol

BB22

BB22

I do it on the cheap. Takes me a minute but it’s worth it ✌️

M

Montrealer

Have you got any pointers to help me be successful in cloning ? How should I do it
You will need a dome and heat pad, Don’t even try if you dont have these unless you are using something like a turbo kloner. I get 100% success with my turbo kloner and it’s super easy. Ni need to keep opening domes every 8-12 hours to prevent rot.

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
I've been breeding. Got me a nice hermie plant that had 5 balls only on it. Took 3 of em and pollinated my females as well as the hermie and now I have seeds. I figure if I can do it anyone can cuz I'm like the worst. 😆

Top Bottom