How to kill bugs with Co2?

• Thread starter Smokey503ski
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I am curious to how to kill bugs with C02? Can someone please explain in detail on how to do this.

I have always ran a combination of stuff for preventives like Avid, Shuttle, Floramite on a rotation and it works.

A buddy of mine is having a problem controlling his mites. He does not want to use the method I choose and wants to do things Organic and waste his time. He has used Azatrol or Azamax whatever it is. Also Neem oil and bunch of other stuff that is not working.
Besides Cleaning his room and scrubbing his walls and stuff he wants to try Co2.

What needs to be done? How long to run Co2? lIghts on or Off? How many times does it need to be done before it is effective?

My last question is does it really work to kill the mites and eggs or is it a waste of time?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Here is the thread with the details. Little more to it than just letting off a bottle in the room. Gotta make sure it is sealed and then follow up until dead.

I was not finding the info, originally via searches.

few thing I have discovered since posting in the thread.

May already be aware of this, but good to know regardless.

Do only open the bottle enough to let the gas out. If you open the bottle full tilt it will start to freeze/ice up the tank and create a water puddle.

Make sure the bottle is supported in some way or will/can roll around or move.

Thanks for the heads up on shuttle, good to know there is another miticide option if going that route. (floramite has not been effective for me, but has in the past)

The c02 just kills the adults so has to be done multiple times.

The other organic alternative, SNS217 (rosemary oil) seems to be working to keep em at bay. Will be posting my results of the WAR. Leadsled vs the super borg.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I learned my lesson the hard way with dealing with mites. I do not have that problem thank goodness.
What you do need to do is a Rotation. Like I said, Avid, Floramite, Shuttle.
The reason why is they WILL build a tollerance to whatever you are using to combat them.
Guarentee that if you use Avid after the Floramite you will win the war.
dont be a pussy and think Avid is so bad for you. It is on pretty much everything you eat in the Vegetable isle at the store.
It is Organic but many will argue that it is not.
Hope you win VS. The Borg.
If you cannot get either Avid or Shuttle I can tell where you where to get them or I can meet you somewhere and give you some so you can change the post to you 1 borg 0

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
I learned my lesson the hard way with dealing with mites. I do not have that problem thank goodness.
What you do need to do is a Rotation. Like I said, Avid, Floramite, Shuttle.
The reason why is they WILL build a tollerance to whatever you are using to combat them.
Guarentee that if you use Avid after the Floramite you will win the war.
dont be a pussy and think Avid is so bad for you. It is on pretty much everything you eat in the Vegetable isle at the store.
It is Organic but many will argue that it is not.
Hope you win VS. The Borg.
If you cannot get either Avid or Shuttle I can tell where you where to get them or I can meet you somewhere and give you some so you can change the post to you 1 borg 0

Was just going off past experience which luckily has been not a lot with pests. They been kept at bay so far. got an isolated area to deal with the problem.

Good to know the heavy duty rotation you use. Was reading more on the shuttle, looks good + kills the eggs.
Not afraid to get nasty with em. Thanks for the offer.

J

julianmarble

I got some ideas from my research about how to kill bugs with Co2. It is possible to get rid of bed bugs yourself aside having professional exterminators. One thing you can do is to vacuum mattresses, bed frames, carpets and upholstered furniture to remove bed bugs and eggs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom