how to know if your bho has been vacuum enough?

• Thread starter Shivaskunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shivaskunk

Sorry if this has been asked before lol can't seem to find the answer answer
Just as the title says how to you know if you have vacuumed enough I have most of the process down just don't no how to tell if Al gas is out
What I mean is how should you shatter look under full vacuum wen it is time to take it out?
Should be completely stable as in no bubble at all and look like shatter under vacuum
Or will it always have bubbles in it wen under full vacuum if so how can you tell if it is gas bubbles?

I can get shatter like consistancy but but is alway seen to have a spark / bubbles popping wen light is put to a small bit of it

Any input or advice here would be very much appreciated as I don't won't to be smoking gas thank

How to know if your bho has been vacuum enough
bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
You use dessicator? Use a vacuum oven, huge difference. Charge up to 110, put product in for about an hour to acclimate and turn on pump for the amount of time it takes to clear your cfm. Turn it off, and let sit till it doesn't react anymore at 110 F .

If you use a dessicator, sorry that's all finness

S

Shivaskunk

You use dessicator? Use a vacuum oven, huge difference. Charge up to 110, put product in for about an hour to acclimate and turn on pump for the amount of time it takes to clear your cfm. Turn it off, and let sit till it doesn't react anymore at 110 F .

If you use a dessicator, sorry that's all finness

It's a stainless steel chamber witch is heated constantly Ano about the ovens.

But what I want to know is what the bho should actually look like under full vac when finished should it still have small bubbles in it or should it not have any movement at all so it just like a bit of oil still at heat with no vac if you know what I mean

Graywolf

Graywolf

At about 115F under -29.5" Hg, a thin film pool should be liquid enough for the bubbles to escape. First will come random sized solvent bubbles, followed by the smaller more equally sized fizzy CO2 bubbles from decarboxylation.

Stop when the random sized bubbles stop.

S

Shivaskunk

At about 115F under -29.5" Hg, a thin film pool should be liquid enough for the bubbles to escape. First will come random sized solvent bubbles, followed by the smaller more equally sized fizzy CO2 bubbles from decarboxylation.

Cheers just what I was looking for

S

Shivaskunk

Forgot to ask. Will ther be a lot of the small Bubb k es or just a few here and ther

S

Shivaskunk

Depends a lot on temperature. At 115F, the fizzy bubbles will be fewer and in clumps and around the edges. If you crank it up hotter, you can get massive fizzy bubbling because decarboxylation is happening faster.

Cheers mate. So basically ther will always be some sort of bubble in it wen it's ready is ther a ruff size of the CO2 bubbles. Is ther any way to make it easier to know wen it is ready? Or is it just something you have to get use to doing?

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Cheers mate. So basically ther will always be some sort of bubble in it wen it's ready is ther a ruff size of the CO2 bubbles. Is ther any way to make it easier to know wen it is ready? Or is it just something you have to get use to doing?

You'll get use to doing after a few runs :D

Graywolf

Graywolf

It will be clearer once you watch it one time. It is easy to see the difference.

Top Bottom