How to make a big plant small again???

• Thread starter Green Giant
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Giant

Green Giant

Ok I have some ladies that have been chillin in veg for way too long. Now they are to tall to flower,

I don't want to chop them down but I know if I flower them this way they will be higher than the ceiling after the stretch!!!

What to do!! What to do!!!

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
If you have the space in flower for her, I would bend the shit out of her. If you break her, say sorry, tape, and drink a beer- she'll take it. In fact, that bitch likes it.

Green Giant

Green Giant

I will take clones and tie her up!!! I guess it's better than chopping her down.

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

why wouldnt you chop her back??? if shes (guestimating) 5-6 nodes too tall hack it back 4-5 ya know???

why is that a bad idea?? i do that shit all the time. youre not even in flower... i think trying to "count losses" on things that will ultimately be less anyways done that way may be the wrong process, in my experience..... too big is worse than too small IMO

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Take nice cuts from ur tops & cut her back.. I've always hacked my plants back down 2 size.. I've cut a 3ft plant back down to 1.5ft.. Juss give her a good trimming then let her recover & flower her..

Green Giant

Green Giant

why wouldnt you chop her back??? if shes (guestimating) 5-6 nodes too tall hack it back 4-5 ya know???

why is that a bad idea?? i do that shit all the time. youre not even in flower... i think trying to "count losses" on things that will ultimately be less anyways done that way may be the wrong process, in my experience..... too big is worse than too small IMO
Take nice cuts from ur tops & cut her back.. I've always hacked my plants back down 2 size.. I've cut a 3ft plant back down to 1.5ft.. Juss give her a good trimming then let her recover & flower her..

Well I guess I shall try!! I have never topped before, so I will get to chippin!!

Anything I should do or look for before I do?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I juss chop & try & keep the tops all around the same size.. I juss shape the plant the way I like..as long as u don't cut all the leafs off u should b good

The Krinken

The Krinken

depends on the strain

some strains you can cut almost in half and flip a couple days later and theyll flourish

others you definitley dont wanna top too hard at all - so then you're better off tying them down

do you even know what strains you're growing?

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Cut it back man! Once, while waiting for a construction fiasco to finish my plants got 7-9 feet tall it was bad. I was cutting them down a few inches every other day and couldn't keep up anymore, the shades had been removed because they were catching the plants . The lights were on movers burning the tops-it was brutal. finally i cut literally 3-4 feet off of them and they bounced back no problem. In my situation they were still too tall to flower, so we planted them on 45 degree angles and they screened out fine. Ended up pulling well over 1 per light that run.

motiv303

motiv303

Amputating Fakeness
Supporter
Cutting back plants is an almost daily occurence in my spot so i definitely agree with everybody's input in here. More tops in the end that way too :)

Ive got a headband "momma" that ive been cutting back (not even cloning it) since last september and often cut off a foot or more & she always grows back fine (her bush gets a lil thick at times so some inner trimming is sometimes needed), so yeah, chop away! Peace & good luck. Motiv

Top Bottom