How to make bubble hash easy?

• Thread starter savagemonk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
savagemonk

savagemonk

How to make bubble hash easy

I want bubble hash from this plant the easiest way possible. Can you share any tips? What size buckets should I use? Hand paddle or electric mixer?

Also is it worth doing fresh frozen bubble hash? I have freezer space for a few 5 gal runs. I would be forced to extract in warmer ice water since I’d be working outdoors in fall-night temperatures. Is that ok?

freezeland2

freezeland2

Following. I also plan to make bubble hash in the not to distant future. One thing for sure you’ll need are some quality filter bags. I have been looking at boldt bags. Pricey but probably worth it. Buy once cry once.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you will at least need the bags, what size at least 5 gallon or bigger.
you could try dry ice if you can’t keep everything cold.

freezeland2

freezeland2

you will at least need the bags, what size at least 5 gallon or bigger.
you could try dry ice if you can’t keep everything cold.
Not to hijack but it is related to the OP’s questions. Rather than a washing machine is there any reason why using a paint stirrer as the agitator in a large bucket or small barrel wouldn’t work to wash the buds? I’m sure they make paint stirrers that fit in a drill.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Not to hijack but it is related to the OP’s questions. Rather than a washing machine is there any reason why using a paint stirrer as the agitator in a large bucket or small barrel wouldn’t work to wash the buds? I’m sure they make paint stirrers that fit in a drill.
yep you can

savagemonk

savagemonk

My idea is use two bags. One for collection like a 25 or 70 and working bag like 220 or next smaller size. With a kayak paddle and a 20 gal bucket that has valve on the bottom for water drainage. Dry ice is an significant expense so I might prefer an ice maker.

savagemonk

savagemonk

My idea is use two bags. One for collection like a 25 or 70 and working bag like 220 or next smaller size. With a kayak paddle and a 20 gal bucket that has valve on the bottom for water drainage. Dry ice is an significant expense so I might prefer an ice maker.
Oh and my tip is suspend the work bag foot higher above the collection bag! Then the trichs settle and stay in the collection bag (don’t return to work bag due to agitation-turbulence of the water)

thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter
Hi everyo
View attachment 1169533
I want bubble hash from this plant the easiest way possible. Can you share any tips? What size buckets should I use? Hand paddle or electric mixer?

Also is it worth doing fresh frozen bubble hash? I have freezer space for a few 5 gal runs. I would be forced to extract in warmer ice water since I’d be working outdoors in fall-night temperatures. Is that ok?
Hi fam!

You guys are all asking some great questions and we'll like to jump in here to help you along your bubble washing journey. Especially with Croptober around the corner, we know a lot of people here are interested in this topic.

To answer you first question, what size buckets to use - the size of the bucket you use will really depend on how much material you plan on washing at once and whether you will be washing cured flower or fresh frozen. I've attached a screenshot from our blog article on How Much Cannabis Do I Need To Make Bubble Hash breaking this down for your reference.

Deciding whether you want to wash cured flower or fresh frozen really depends on a multitude of things and what type of final product you're looking to achieve. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, if color and terepene preservation is what you're looking for, fresh frozen is the route to go but it's also harder to keep your temperatures consistent throughout your fresh frozen wash and may require a cold room and extra experience. Learning the difference between using both types of material will be key along your journey so check out our article on Fresh Frozen or Dry Flowers For Bubble Hash here.

Based on that beautiful photo of your baby there, you'll have a good amount of material to work with so you'll be using at least a 5 gallon food-grade bucket at least to do your washing in!

To answer your next question about hand paddle or electric mixer, we always recommend hand washing but you can opt for a automatic washing machine if you're washing more material and want to automate a part of the washing process. NEVER USE AN ELECTRIC MIXER! You're trying to create a vortex to knock off trichomes, NOT trying to beat up your material to oblivion! Read our article on Hand Washing vs. Machine Washing Bubble Hash to get a good sense which option works best for you!

And to answer your final question about washing fresh frozen in warmer temps, this is exactly what I meant when I mentioned the advantages and disadvantages of each type of wash material above. If you will not be able to maintain low temps throughout a fresh frozen wash, you'll deal with things like ice nucleation which is when the chlorophyll from the plant leeches out into your hash, which is not what you want! We wrote a great article on What Is Ice Nucleation in Fresh Frozen Cannabis? If this is your first time washing, our recommendation is to start with cured flower and work your way to washing fresh frozen.

Before starting your first wash, make sure to read our article on How To Wash Bubble Hash and make sure to check out the "BUBBLE" section on our blog for every thing seed to wash!

We're so excited for you to start your bubble washing journey and feel free to message us if you have any additional questions along the way! We're here to help! ❤️

Screen Shot 2021 09 18 at 85339 PM
Screen Shot 2021 09 18 at 85344 PM
thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter
Following. I also plan to make bubble hash in the not to distant future. One thing for sure you’ll need are some quality filter bags. I have been looking at boldt bags. Pricey but probably worth it. Buy once cry once

It's important to have quality bubble bags for washing but remember it's a misconception you need expensive bags to make a quality product!

There are, however, some key qualities you'll want to keep in mind when you're shopping for a good set of bubble wash bags...

One key bubble bag quality to look for is the filtration mesh quality. A lot of cheap bubble bags, especially found on Amazon, are cheaply and quickly made in China by factories that have no idea about the art of bubble washing. As a result, the quality of the mesh used is much lower quality. We've attached a picture here for your reference. As you can see, the filter on the left is ours - which is considered full mesh - while the filter on the right is from a competitor using the incorrect type of filtration material. Poor quality filter mesh will also stretch over time, making your microns (the size of your filter) inaccurate. For example, a 75 micron bag can stretch to be a 90 micron bag after pro-longed use.

As for the stitching, make sure your bubble bag seams are properly sewn and tight. Any additional fabric can collect trichomes that should otherwise be collected! You don't want any hash to get caught in the seams! What a waste!

And make sure to checkout our article on Best Qualities for Bubble Wash Bags to find our full write-up other qualities to keep in mind when buying your first set of bubble bags!

Again, we want to squash the misconception that you need expensive bubble bags for washing! For us, it's important to us we price our top-rated bubble bags affordably so we can get more of them into people's hands in the community to continue pushing this industry forward!

Screen Shot 2021 09 17 at 104606 AM
Screen Shot 2021 09 18 at 92333 PM
thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter
With washing, you're trying to create a cold water vortex of water that knocks the trichomes off instead of using something really aggressive like a paint stirrer which will strip everything off, including parts of the plant! Hope this info helps! ❤️

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

THE EASIEST WAY POSSIBLE ... is pay someone else to do it!!

Hmmm, I wonder if we'll ever see the development of cannabis flower processing services... sort of along the same lines as the meat processing shops where hunters bring their kills. I kinda doubt there would be enough support for something like that as a independent business, but could potentially imagine some greenhouses consider offering flower processing services. Or maybe something like this already exists?

thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter
This really depends on your strain and how it dumps - some will require more bags than others to get the proper trichome separation. We recommend doing a small test wash with multiple 1 gallon bags to see how how your strain washes and then moving to larger vessel to wash the rest!

Here's a chart to give you an idea on the micron / trichome size grading breakdown.

As for dry ice, we don't recommend using any type of dry ice for washing! Dry ice will make everything, including your plant material, too brittle and can contaminate your wash.

Screen Shot 2021 09 10 at 75216 PM
thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter

Hmmm, I wonder if we'll ever see the development of cannabis flower processing services... sort of along the same lines as the meat processing shops where hunters bring their kills. I kinda doubt there would be enough support for something like that as a independent business, but could potentially imagine some greenhouses consider offering flower processing services. Or maybe something like this already exists?
But why!? It's so much fun doing it - it's like growing! 🌱

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Oh and my tip is suspend the work bag foot higher above the collection bag! Then the trichs settle and stay in the collection bag (don’t return to work bag due to agitation-turbulence of the water)
I def agree on this point, very important.
As much as the dimesions of the 220 bag, the bigger the better.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

With washing, you're trying to create a cold water vortex of water that knocks the trichomes off instead of using something really aggressive like a paint stirrer which will strip everything off, including parts of the plant! Hope this info helps! ❤️
very easy to dial down the mixer to what ever speed.

Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

I do the Gumby Bubble method. Drill and a big paint mixer. I run the finished product threw a brass coffee filter. "Catch the water". Bang it out on a peace of cardboard. Spread it out and the cardboard sucks the water out. Let it dry over night. Then run the water threw a paper coffee filter, let it drip dry. Fold it up and press with a towel. Take out the cheese and let it dry over night. It's best to start early in the day and don't cheat the settling times. I did 3 lbs of my best bud 2 weeks ago. Wow! love it. There are other ways to finish it up but this works great and no bubble bags. Take extra care not to suck up your hash when siphoning.

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

I use a paint mixer goes in my cordless drill less than $10 at any hardware store

Moshmen

Moshmen

Already being done

Top Bottom