How to make bubble hash easy?

• Thread starter savagemonk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Hi everyo

Hi fam!

You guys are all asking some great questions and we'll like to jump in here to help you along your bubble washing journey. Especially with Croptober around the corner, we know a lot of people here are interested in this topic.

To answer you first question, what size buckets to use - the size of the bucket you use will really depend on how much material you plan on washing at once and whether you will be washing cured flower or fresh frozen. I've attached a screenshot from our blog article on How Much Cannabis Do I Need To Make Bubble Hash breaking this down for your reference.

Deciding whether you want to wash cured flower or fresh frozen really depends on a multitude of things and what type of final product you're looking to achieve. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. For example, if color and terepene preservation is what you're looking for, fresh frozen is the route to go but it's also harder to keep your temperatures consistent throughout your fresh frozen wash and may require a cold room and extra experience. Learning the difference between using both types of material will be key along your journey so check out our article on Fresh Frozen or Dry Flowers For Bubble Hash here.

Based on that beautiful photo of your baby there, you'll have a good amount of material to work with so you'll be using at least a 5 gallon food-grade bucket at least to do your washing in!

To answer your next question about hand paddle or electric mixer, we always recommend hand washing but you can opt for a automatic washing machine if you're washing more material and want to automate a part of the washing process. NEVER USE AN ELECTRIC MIXER! You're trying to create a vortex to knock off trichomes, NOT trying to beat up your material to oblivion! Read our article on Hand Washing vs. Machine Washing Bubble Hash to get a good sense which option works best for you!

And to answer your final question about washing fresh frozen in warmer temps, this is exactly what I meant when I mentioned the advantages and disadvantages of each type of wash material above. If you will not be able to maintain low temps throughout a fresh frozen wash, you'll deal with things like ice nucleation which is when the chlorophyll from the plant leeches out into your hash, which is not what you want! We wrote a great article on What Is Ice Nucleation in Fresh Frozen Cannabis? If this is your first time washing, our recommendation is to start with cured flower and work your way to washing fresh frozen.

Before starting your first wash, make sure to read our article on How To Wash Bubble Hash and make sure to check out the "BUBBLE" section on our blog for every thing seed to wash!

We're so excited for you to start your bubble washing journey and feel free to message us if you have any additional questions along the way! We're here to help! ❤️
Great info on ur site thanx for sharing- I’ll be trying the hand wash instead of electric to see if quality improves

thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter
Great info on ur site thanx for sharing- I’ll be trying the hand wash instead of electric to see if quality improves
You're welcome! Glad we're of help along your journey fam! ❤️

And remember, shorter washes for your initial hand washes then longer for your consecutive washes! Keep us posted on how everything goes!

Narsbars

Narsbars

I have about a pound of old weed left in the dark in mason jars, the oldest being 2017 right through 2019. Buried it and forgot it. According to Frenchy Cannoli I can rehydrate the material by soaking for about 30 minutes. Anyone think it will be worth running through a 220, 90, 73, and 45 micron bags?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have about a pound of old weed left in the dark in mason jars, the oldest being 2017 right through 2019. Buried it and forgot it. According to Frenchy Cannoli I can rehydrate the material by soaking for about 30 minutes. Anyone think it will be worth running through a 220, 90, 73, and 45 micron bags?
absolutely!! that’s perfect material for dry sifting!!
it’ll work just fine in the bubble washer though maybe between 20-30min soak in the ice water before turning on..
damn i wish i had weed that old for dry sifting..

Narsbars

Narsbars

absolutely!! that’s perfect material for dry sifting!!
it’ll work just fine in the bubble washer though maybe between 20-30min soak in the ice water before turning on..
damn i wish i had weed that old for dry sifting..
Thanks, my friends have been telling me to toss it or just roll a one pound joint. Of course they offered to help burn it. I am sure no terps left but I will give it a try seeing as it will just go to waste and not get anyone wasted other wise.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Thanks, my friends have been telling me to toss it or just roll a one pound joint. Of course they offered to help burn it. I am sure no terps left but I will give it a try seeing as it will just go to waste and not get anyone wasted other wise.
No don’t toss it! That shit is prime material for hash. Gnicks is the master- ck his thread before ya process .

growsince79

growsince79

Make lots of cbn. Perfect for bedtime.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Make lots of cbn. Perfect for bedtime.
hash making countries generally store their weed in the open on the floor of a room for a year at least..
if not they store the resin collected for over a year at least.
hashish imported to us in canada from around 1990 and back was made from mostly resin stored over a year at least and than the demand for hashish increased worldwide and that’s when the hash started to be not as good as the hash making countries ran out of stored resin..

growsince79

growsince79

hash making countries generally store their weed in the open on the floor of a room for a year at least..
if not they store the resin collected for over a year at least.
hashish imported to us in canada from around 1990 and back was made from mostly resin stored over a year at least and than the demand for hashish increased worldwide and that’s when the hash started to be not as good as the hash making countries ran out of stored resin..
I remember buying lbs of blond Lebanese in the late 70's-early 80's. The inside of the brick was always twice as potent as the outside. No telling how old it was.

Last edited:
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I remember buying lbs of blond Lebanese in the late 70's-early 80's. The inside of the brick was always twice as potent as the outside. No telling how old it was.
yep me too, the blond and red weren’t so abundant but the black was always around..
i truly miss the soft sticky red lebanese hashish, was and is still my favourite of all time!
i also remember this blond hash which was also soft and sticky they called it pollen power! we used to mix the two😁
i wonder if the cafes in rotterdam still have it, amsterdam never had it.

freezeland2

freezeland2

yep me too, the blond and red weren’t so abundant but the black was always around..
i truly miss the soft sticky red lebanese hashish, was and is still my favourite of all time!
i also remember this blond hash which was also soft and sticky they called it pollen power! we used to mix the two😁
i wonder if the cafes in rotterdam still have it, amsterdam never had it.
The only hash I ever saw in Amsterdam was always black.

freezeland2

freezeland2

Forgot to add my set of bags will be here tomorrow from Boldtbags. Got the washer about a week ago. Got enough buds on hand to do a couple practice runs. Still trying to decide the strain for my next grow. Those plants will be dedicated solely to making hash.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The only hash I ever saw in Amsterdam was always black.
really? well i haven’t been back there since late nineties or early two thousands.. and they many different varieties, though we always use to go to the outskirts of town as you got a better deal and i could buy a few ounces at a time.

freezeland2

freezeland2

really? well i haven’t been back there since late nineties or early two thousands.. and they many different varieties, though we always use to go to the outskirts of town as you got a better deal and i could buy a few ounces at a time.
2002 was last time for me.

thepressclub.co

thepressclub.co

Supporter
Yes, you can definitely run this! We recommend rehydrating for a few hours since your material is older. This will allow your material to properly rehydrate thoroughly before your wash. And depending on how you stored and cured your material, you'll most likely end up with darker rosin due to the longer term oxidization but keep in mind, color isn't an indicator of quality.

Latest posts

Top Bottom