how to make qwiso/rso oil

• Thread starter GNick55
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smokey0418

Smokey0418

I would also wash more than once before disposing as I have found also there is more than just the one pull.

I just combine .

Then would evaporate with a hotplate , but outside on the deck as I don’t need a pilot light taking me out.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
I have a hot plate with a magnetic stirrer, can I use that instead of shaking? I can just use the stirrer not the heat.

I used the hotplate instead of a rice cooker, its what I had.

Goblinkiller

Goblinkiller

When I made shatter with moonshine i put it in the oven to dampen off. Starting to think it was not the best idea. But it worked

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have a hot plate with a magnetic stirrer, can I use that instead of shaking? I can just use the stirrer not the heat.

I used the hotplate instead of a rice cooker, its what I had.
absolutely you can stir and mash up i only freeze as i want more of a qwiso oil than rso oil..

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
No idea the difference...

That time I shook for 5 min. It sounded easy, but about 30 sec in I realized how long 5 min was! I just thought that instead of me shaking, that thing can agitate it. That saves my arm!

No desire to mash. I'm thinking less time less chlorophyll, so next ill try 3 min.

My isopropyl 99% comes tomorrow and I will try again. I need to get some tiny bottles like yours.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
No idea the difference...

That time I shook for 5 min. It sounded easy, but about 30 sec in I realized how long 5 min was! I just thought that instead of me shaking, that thing can agitate it. That saves my arm!

No desire to mash. I'm thinking less time less chlorophyll, so next ill try 3 min.

My isopropyl 99% comes tomorrow and I will try again. I need to get some tiny bottles like yours.
bottles are viles..
just google qwiso oil and rso oil
i blend the two methods but lean more on getting a hash/honey oil rather than weed oil., for oral consumption and to get all the benefits from it i’d go more with the rso method..
really they difference between the two are wash times.,
ya one min shaking for me and i’ve had it but i keep going i use oven mitts as the jar is freezing cold.

Cophiljay

Cophiljay

Mostly consume RSO, after decarb (30 min @ 250 degrees), I extract my RSO with food grade liquid dimethyl ether, using open blast, evaporate outdoors in warm water bath, then induction plate for 30 min at 160 degrees. Add fractionated (liquid) coconut oil to one ounce oil to 3-4 grams RSO (it's STRONG). Used every hydrocarbon extraction method, LDE is the cleanest and most efficient hydrocarbon extraction method IMHO I get 5-6 grams of RSO/ounce of weed. Tincture is approx. 100 mg RSO per 1 dropper or 1 ml.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i used the iso 99% this time and i shook for only 3 min (3 is a lot but the 5 was killing my arm!)

i also got rid of the green (set it in the sun for a few min) so it turned out a lot prettier, like a deep amber honey.

both times i used the larf and trim, next one i will go for a great weed instead.

it is very easy to do though, and it works! thanks @GNick55 !!!!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
it’s a pretty simple and hard to screw up way of making top quality oil..
and you’ll only get better as you go and you’ll start to really understand what’s going and why.,
making hash is more of a skill that takes time, but is very easy also,
it’s easiest if the weed is dried cured and stored for a long time like 6 months to a year.

growsince79

growsince79

i’m using the leaves from trimming buds etc, put it in jars, put everything in the freezer including the isopropyl left in there for 18 hrs.
got two bowls and a strainer (fine tight mesh the better), and oven mitts as the jars will be freezing.View attachment 1140606View attachment 1140608View attachment 1140607.
when ready i poured the isopropyl just above weed level and than shook vigorously for 2:30-3:00 as i want more of a hash/honey oil (qwiso) (to make rso oil than no need to freeze and just let weed and isopropyl sit together for a hour or a day)
than i take the mix and pour it through the strainer into the bowls.View attachment 1140609View attachment 1140610
than get a couple clean jars to strain the that mix through, the first pass i use cheese cloth folded 5/6 times than pour mix through (i use a cup to scoop out of bowls, i let bowls sit for an hour at least for all the crap to settle at the bottom first. View attachment 1140617View attachment 1140618View attachment 1140619View attachment 1140620
than again with clean jars i filter this time with 2-3 coffee filters together, again after letting it sit for any dirt to settle, than pour through filters, i’m so good 😆 that one pass through and it’s pure clean and ready for cooking.View attachment 1140621View attachment 1140622View attachment 1140623
than ( i use my sunroom, Airflow!!) set up a rice cooker with a fan blowing directly at it out the window and start cooking off the isopropyl all the way till the bubbling stops.View attachment 1140624View attachment 1140625View attachment 1140626
as it gets closer to finishing i tip up one end and have a silicone spatula to push oil back into mix as some will stickView attachment 1140627View attachment 1140628View attachment 1140629
once done cooking than have containers ready and pour into, i use these silicone ones as they will fit on my coffee warmer to burn off remaining isopropyl fumes and it’s easy to pour into glass viles.View attachment 1140632View attachment 1140633.

one thing as the oil is cooking and getting near done it’s common for rice cookers to shut down to warm so i use to hold the button down and let up but kept burning out the rice cookers so tired of that i took out the fuse and replaced with a good gauge of wire so i can control the rice cooker till oil is finished and that has been working great since!.
I have a nice stainless steel bowl that fits in the main rice bowl. Just float the inner bowl on about an inch of water.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Getting every last drop from the wash material i used a jerky maker from cabela's with a sink screen in the bottom of the gun
Screenshot 20210925 095755 Google
Screenshot 20210925 095850 Google

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
What’s everyone thought on using etho or 190 everclear ? Why the iso?
It's fine if you can source it mosh, which I think you can in your case, but for others, it's near impossible, or price restrictive because of State law. Iso's just cheaper, and perfectly safe, if done correctly.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
quick question...

should i be refrigerating or freezing this after i make it?

Top Bottom