How to measure NKP in coco noir

• Thread starter Whitewolf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

Whitewolf

just starting out. I’m using coco noir. How do you measure NKP and nutrients in this soil? How do you know if you’re watering too much? I just need some HELP

2Bad

2Bad

just starting out. I’m using coco noir. How do you measure NKP and nutrients in this soil? How do you know if you’re watering too much? I just need some HELP
You can never water coco too much ! lol and you don't measure NPK you measure PPM or EC( you'll need a TDS/EC pen something around $70 or more) in laments terms that means how strong of a dose the NPK is. What nutrients are you using?

W

Whitewolf

The following is what I’m using.
For Water:
distilled water
For soil I’m using:
Foxfarm Happy Frog
Foxfarm Ocean Forest
Harris Perlite
For nutrients:
Foxfarm Big Bloom
Foxfarm Grow Big
Foxfarm Tiger Bloom
I have yet to find an accurate way to measure soil nutrients. The soil I’m using consists of Coco Coir.

How do you use a EC or PPM pen? What are the reading supposed to be? Lastly, how often do you water and how much?
Thanks for the help

2Bad

2Bad

The following is what I’m using.
For Water:
distilled water
For soil I’m using:
Foxfarm Happy Frog
Foxfarm Ocean Forest
Harris Perlite
For nutrients:
Foxfarm Big Bloom
Foxfarm Grow Big
Foxfarm Tiger Bloom
I have yet to find an accurate way to measure soil nutrients. The soil I’m using consists of Coco Coir.

How do you use a EC or PPM pen? What are the reading supposed to be? Lastly, how often do you water and how much?
Thanks for the help
Where is the coco coming from?

I'd return the foxfarm trio and just learn to use dry amendments. Cheaper and you don't have to buy a EC/PPM Pen.

Your ocean forest/happy frog nutrients will last 3-5 weeks so people feed at 4 weeks.. u can use this recipe to feed at week 4 https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/growing-with-gaia-green-shadeds-method.140538/

Return the trio.

W

Whitewolf

The coco is in the Fox Farms Ocean Forest. If I use EC/PPM pen, what is the value range that I should be aiming for? How much water do you use on a plant?

T

TheShroomsDidIt

The coco is in the Fox Farms Ocean Forest. If I use EC/PPM pen, what is the value range that I should be aiming for? How much water do you use on a plant?
So listen. Your growing in what would be considered soil. That's not an inert media like coco. You would use salt based nutrient solution for coco and then u would need to measure ec. As long as ur using Fox Farms u need dry amendments such as gaia green

W

Whitewolf

Wow, I was told by a so called expert that it had coco in it. Next time, I will check myself. I will look into the gala green. i am still unclear on how to measure nutrient levels. What method do you recommend? This is my first grow and I’m lost.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

There are basic feeding charts available for the fox farm trio that you have. Grow Big and Tiger Bloom are pretty intense, I would start in the 1-2tsp per gallon range once your soil is exhausted.
Check your source water with your EC meter to get some idea of your base. Start by adding 300-400 ppm (ECx500) with your fox farm products and work up to 700-1000 ppm added to source, erring on the side of caution for this first grow

ArtfulCodger

ArtfulCodger

There are many ways to grow. Here's one that I've used successfully with Fox Farm amended soils. Start in plugs or solos. Move from there to 1 gallons, and then to 3 gallons. Finish in threes or fives, depending on plant count and grow space. Don't transplant until the plant is wider than the next pot up. Water to 10% runoff, only when the pot is very light. Feed or transplant when the runoff ppms fall below 900/1.8 EC. Feed no more than 800 ppm at a time. Calmag with every non-feed watering until the fourth week of flower, then switch to mag sulfur. Ocean Forest is heavily amended. If you water and transplant correctly, you can make it until the third or fourth week of flower without feeding. Cut off nutes two weeks before harvest.

W

Whitewolf

There are basic feeding charts available for the fox farm trio that you have. Grow Big and Tiger Bloom are pretty intense, I would start in the 1-2tsp per gallon range once your soil is exhausted.
Check your source water with your EC meter to get some idea of your base. Start by adding 300-400 ppm (ECx500) with your fox farm products and work up to 700-1000 ppm added to source, erring on the side of caution for this first grow
What do you mean
There are many ways to grow. Here's one that I've used successfully with Fox Farm amended soils. Start in plugs or solos. Move from there to 1 gallons, and then to 3 gallons. Finish in threes or fives, depending on plant count and grow space. Don't transplant until the plant is wider than the next pot up. Water to 10% runoff, only when the pot is very light. Feed or transplant when the runoff ppms fall below 900/1.8 EC. Feed no more than 800 ppm at a time. Calmag with every non-feed watering until the fourth week of flower, then switch to mag sulfur. Ocean Forest is heavily amended. If you water and transplant correctly, you can make it until the third or fourth week of flower without feeding. Cut off nutes two weeks before harvest.

Top Bottom