How to mix General Hydroponics 10 part?

• Thread starter DWCNOOB
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DWCNOOB

DWCNOOB

Hello all! I am new on the forum I have been searching to see if the question in the title has been answered and I have not seen anything. So I ask, general hydroponics has a 10 part system I’ve been using but I am not quite sure what I should be mixing first I have been mixing as follows. Armor si (wait 10 min), Cal magic(wait 5 min per between rest of nutes), floralicious plus, kool bloom (currently in flower) ripen, then micro, grow, and bloom. I am in flower now so it is apparent that this combo works however I feel as if it may not be working great or some nutes are locking out. Ph always on 6.0 I’m in rdwc (current culture ) the plants are absolute monsters the stems are literally 4” thick or more( vegged for 10 weeks) . Now that I am in flower (week 3ish) I figured they would have bigger sites but they are small still. Lights are Spider farmer se7000’s (x2). What is going on? As my name suggests I am an absolute noob on my very first grow. Thanks I’m advance I hope to get answers.

Ponky

Ponky

Week 3 is bud sights and the end of stretch. Buds in a couple to 3 weeks will let you know what it's looking like.

Ponky

Ponky

Anything on flora 10 part mixing sequence?
Well you start with Silica and I think you end with calmag. I just got sick of mixing so much stuff and went to 1 part. And so far I haven't noticed any drawbacks. Yields are high. Quality is high. Great aroma and taste. Floranectar and stuff just seems like sugar water to me. I've messed up a multi part grow before. Never a 1 or 3 part. Sometimes less is more.

DWCNOOB

DWCNOOB

Well you start with Silica and I think you end with calmag. I just got sick of mixing so much stuff and went to 1 part. And so far I haven't noticed any drawbacks. Yields are high. Quality is high. Great aroma and taste. Floranectar and stuff just seems like sugar water to me. I've messed up a multi part grow before. Never a 1 or 3 part. Sometimes less is more.
True however I have several hundred dollars in this nutrient blend.

Ponky

Ponky

True however I have several hundred dollars in this nutrient blend.
Yeah the whole grow store is like tha auto parts or golf store. Built to take your money. It's not bad food. But you need to calculate yield for cost. And use it in a way that doesn't cause a lock out.

growsince79

growsince79

Hello all! I am new on the forum I have been searching to see if the question in the title has been answered and I have not seen anything. So I ask, general hydroponics has a 10 part system I’ve been using but I am not quite sure what I should be mixing first I have been mixing as follows. Armor si (wait 10 min), Cal magic(wait 5 min per between rest of nutes), floralicious plus, kool bloom (currently in flower) ripen, then micro, grow, and bloom. I am in flower now so it is apparent that this combo works however I feel as if it may not be working great or some nutes are locking out. Ph always on 6.0 I’m in rdwc (current culture ) the plants are absolute monsters the stems are literally 4” thick or more( vegged for 10 weeks) . Now that I am in flower (week 3ish) I figured they would have bigger sites but they are small still. Lights are Spider farmer se7000’s (x2). What is going on? As my name suggests I am an absolute noob on my very first grow. Thanks I’m advance I hope to get answers.
4" stems? I'd like to see that...Pics?

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

4" stems? I'd like to see that...Pics?
About the best I've done. 10 week veg.

4 " Circumference?
Screenshot 20211012 155012 Gmail

Ec2003

Ec2003

Hello @DWCNOOB
I thought I would put up here how I've been mixing gh 10 part for several years with no issues. (Minus a ph issue im dealing with now due to going from well water to ro water but this site has definitely helped me)

What I do for mixing honestly is using a 50 gal res with ro water. I used the feeding chart from gh originally for the light feeding schedule and multiplied the base ml per gallon times 10 so I could slowly add nutrients and get the ppms right in the storage res. Even their light feeding schedule is too high for most cannabis. I do start with calmg first due to ro not having anything in it and I like to get the calmg in first then I let that sit for about 20 minutes. I keep the storage res aerated and I have a circulation pump to continuously move water from the bottom to the top. Helps with mixing. After the calmg is in and mixed I just go down the list starting with micro. Only doing 10 gals worth of nutes at a time until the ppms are about half of what they call for. Usually the ph sits at about 6.2 for me but I'm dealing with a dropping issue after the actual water change so I'm working on a better buffer than ph up. Due to my issue I let that solution sit circulating for 24 hours then ph adjust wait a couple hours and do the change over. If mid week the ppms are dropping too far I'll mix up one gallon of nutrient water with 2x the ml per gallon to help bring the ppms back up slowly going one gallon at a time.

It's a lot of work at first until you get everything stable but once you know how the nutrients will affect your ppms it gets quicker to mix everything. The key for me is to make sure you always follow the ratios week to week. Hope that helps and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me but I've never had an issue mixing this way lol.

DWCNOOB

DWCNOOB

Hello @DWCNOOB
I thought I would put up here how I've been mixing gh 10 part for several years with no issues. (Minus a ph issue im dealing with now due to going from well water to ro water but this site has definitely helped me)

What I do for mixing honestly is using a 50 gal res with ro water. I used the feeding chart from gh originally for the light feeding schedule and multiplied the base ml per gallon times 10 so I could slowly add nutrients and get the ppms right in the storage res. Even their light feeding schedule is too high for most cannabis. I do start with calmg first due to ro not having anything in it and I like to get the calmg in first then I let that sit for about 20 minutes. I keep the storage res aerated and I have a circulation pump to continuously move water from the bottom to the top. Helps with mixing. After the calmg is in and mixed I just go down the list starting with micro. Only doing 10 gals worth of nutes at a time until the ppms are about half of what they call for. Usually the ph sits at about 6.2 for me but I'm dealing with a dropping issue after the actual water change so I'm working on a better buffer than ph up. Due to my issue I let that solution sit circulating for 24 hours then ph adjust wait a couple hours and do the change over. If mid week the ppms are dropping too far I'll mix up one gallon of nutrient water with 2x the ml per gallon to help bring the ppms back up slowly going one gallon at a time.

It's a lot of work at first until you get everything stable but once you know how the nutrients will affect your ppms it gets quicker to mix everything. The key for me is to make sure you always follow the ratios week to week. Hope that helps and if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me but I've never had an issue mixing this way lol.
Thank you ec2003, the issue is I have 100 gal system so in the space I have I cannot mix in one res it must be mixed in system. I’ve heard armor si first and let it sit for 10 min - 20 even. Then Cal mag because armor si clumps nutes up in the res. What I havent heard about is the rest of the random goodies involved with the ten part and what order to mix in to not cause lockout. If you use armor si in beaker then put in cal mag you can see the clumps they almost look like orange pulp floating in the container. However if res has 100 gal of water 250 ml of armor si is diluted so much it doesn’t clump if added slowly to the mix and broken up with res pump. I am a noob haha I will experiment more on the next cycle.

2Bad

2Bad

Hello @DWCNOOB

What do you mix your 10gallons with? is it electric?

Ec2003

Ec2003

What do you mix your 10gallons with? is it electric?
I just use a separate a large syringe for each nutrient multiplying whatever the base ml per gallon is by ten. Then I just put it in the storage res. To mix I just have a submersible pump at the bottom rated at 296 gph and run a line to the top of the bucket. Pushing back down.

Ec2003

Ec2003

I may not run into clumping issues because it's only 25 ml at a time for the armor si directly into 40 gallons and I never get the full 100 ml as recommended because I don't follow their ppms. The only reason I'm doing this in a separate res now is because of my ph issues I may have solved. And the ro system is slow in my house right now until I get an inline pressure regulator cuz the pressure is barely ok...takes a long time to get 40 gallons. I can't let the system set that long with water in it so the extra res allows me to gather the water throughout the week. I assume if you don't have issues with ph you could do this in the system after draining. I was at first before I got the ro system. My main res for the system only holds 20 gallons before reaching the return lines so I would put 20 gallons in put in nutes in the same fashion I'm doing now let aerate and mix for an hour or so while ph adjusting and then opening the valve to the buckets. Once the res was just about empty I would shut the valve back off so water wasn't pumping, full the res again and repeat until the water was flowing through the system.

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

I’m currently using that line with a couple substitutions. I was told it should be in this order Si, CaMg, micro and the rest doesn’t matter.
I will add that most Si supplements are useless. You need monosilicic acid (MSA). I believe Grow Genius to be the best and it’s a whopping 40% compared to about 1% for others. And if you use a quality MSA it doesn’t need to go first.

Top Bottom