How to mount silkscreen

• Thread starter Kalcu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kalcu

I am planning on ordering three different silk screen sizes and three frames the same size.

Do you use staples to mount the screen? How do you determine tension? If you don't have a hardware stapler what else can be used. Maybe I will just have to get a good stapler, just wondering how everyone has mounted their silk screen.

U

ukcheesehead

just search silk screens on ebay or have a look in my home made hash thread theres a cpl of links in it if you are in the us of a .

K

Kalcu

Great link but they only take plastic, I need a site that can take mail in payments. I guess I can look around for screens already mounted. Not bad prices at that shop either.

B

Butte

Mounting screens can be done just like window screens. Go to your home hardware store get what's called a splining tool (sp?) - it'll be in the window screen section. Get some spline (rubber cord like material) and press the spline into the right size channel you've routed around your frame. I did it on end disks for a tumbler, so just about abny shape can be adapted to this technique...

Graywolf

Graywolf

Mounting screens can be done just like window screens. Go to your home hardware store get what's called a splining tool (sp?) - it'll be in the window screen section. Get some spline (rubber cord like material) and press the spline into the right size channel you've routed around your frame. I did it on end disks for a tumbler, so just about abny shape can be adapted to this technique...

What he said. I make my own frames and use silk screen spline, which I get at art stores. I use the same spline roller as suggested above.

Instead of using a spline, some designs stretch the silk screen and staple it in place, after which they super glue it.

GW

Top Bottom