How to ph coco effectively

• Thread starter NairnM16
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
NairnM16

NairnM16

I’m trying to lower the ph of my coco before putting my seeds down I’ve been running plain water ph to 5.8-6.5 to try and balance the soil out
Any tips?
should I keep running water threw it till it lowers? Any tips

How to ph coco effectively
Tracyfri

Tracyfri

It may be your pH meter. In my experience those type like you have there aren't be very accurate. An inexpensive digital one can be aquired from Amazon. It will be far more accurate. Your coco if it's out of the bag should be pretty much spot on pH wise. Just some suggestions that's all👍

euphoria526

euphoria526

I’m trying to lower the ph of my coco before putting my seeds down I’ve been running plain water ph to 5.8-6.5 to try and balance the soil out
Any tips?
should I keep running water threw it till it lowers? Any tips
What kind of coco are you using? Most bag brands these days don’t realllllly need to be ph balanced. I used mine out of the bag without rinsing it and just ph to 5.7-5.8 and they have been healthy as fcuk

NairnM16

NairnM16

What kind of coco are you using? Most bag brands these days don’t realllllly need to be ph balanced. I used mine out of the bag without rinsing it and just ph to 5.7-5.8 and they have been healthy as fcuk
I’m using this coco,

4DF9283B 2F21 4205 949A 7364630C7220
NairnM16

NairnM16

It may be your pH meter. In my experience those type like you have there aren't be very accurate. An inexpensive digital one can be aquired from Amazon. It will be far more accurate. Your coco if it's out of the bag should be pretty much spot on pH wise. Just some suggestions that's all👍
I’ve got 6 of these meters, it’s to measure the moisture really but all them are reading near 7.5/8 in ph

euphoria526

euphoria526

Those are imo the most unreliable for ph testing.
you should have good enough coco not to worry about it. Are you also using CANNA nutes?

NairnM16

NairnM16

I let me ph range differ from the chart below so uptake all nutes every week,
My last run went well only problem was heat from my lights
Doing my first auto run this season so no room for mistakes early

F102F1B5 3BA3 4EC7 A8C4 98DEBCB975AC
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Coco is hydro... buy canna coco. It's ready to go and then read these 2 for PHing nutrients and watering. Coco is not soil so don't confuse the 2.

NairnM16

NairnM16

Coco is hydro... buy canna coco. It's ready to go and then read these 2 for PHing nutrients and watering. Coco is not soil so don't confuse the 2.

Last season one of the farmers one here helped me threw the whole coco feeding system making me aware that it doesn’t retain moisture so there a lot more forgiving in that,
He broke it down to root training in coco to build a thicker stronger root system, I’ll read threw these threads, I love coming back to this form to see what people are up to and learn new techniques, thank you aqua

Latest posts

Top Bottom