How to properly steak a lady?

• Thread starter CheebaMonkey
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CheebaMonkey

She's only 30 days into 12/12 but the top cola is causing her to lean a little. I imagine I'll need to steak soon but I'm worried about hurting the roots. Where do I place the steak and how deep do I go with it? How wide should the steak be?

0MEGA

ive seen those plant hooks, i cant remember the name. but they seem to work well.
otherwise why not try tying something to the pot instead of sticking it in soil.

B

bicycle racer

i use thin steaks and put them to the bottom of the container i do this towards the outside of the container to avoid damaging main roots. do it soon or you risk losing whole branches from bud weight wind rain etc.. i use at least four stakes and then wrap tomato tape around them to secure the various branches.

K

koopa troopa

i use t-bone steaks. it's S-T-A-K-E-S and you can get bamboo ones at a walmart or casa depot. push em to the bottom, so you have more support.

K

KushMaster707

ive used bamboo stakes b4 and put them in the soil halfway thru flowering real close to the main stock and everything was fine, didnt notice a thing.

O

ogluver

yo-yos are plant hooks and work well if you have a place to hang them

B

bicycle racer

yeah duh i should no better not steaks you eat but stakes you well stake. my spelling sucks.

S

Sirius

the stakes wont hurt the roots... they are pretty tough... i also use thin wire you can bend and make my own hooks... it works great...

C

CheebaMonkey

Damn I got slammed in this topic. Lesson learned. Good thing I have these delicious stakes to put on the grill tonight to cheer me up.

Top Bottom