How to rent a space dedicated to growing?

• Thread starter jigilous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jigilous

How to rent a space dedicated to growing?(Bay Area)

I've been looking around for about a month a various commercial real estate rentals. Severals ads mention "No 215", or something equivalent. I've also heard from a local hydro store owner that it is getting tougher to rent for the purpose of growing as rental agents are on the look out for it now.

Knowing this, I've constructed a story to tell the agents when looking at properties. I used to be married to an agent and had one as a father in law so I kind of have a feel of what questions they may ask and what people in that profession are like in general.

However, I've still never done this and have come to the farm to learn from those before me. Any great wisdom from any of the farmers about how to go about renting commercial real estate on the sly?

Thanks!

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
*Make sure the place provides enough amperage to cover your needs.
*Renting does not offer the protection that a lease does.
*DON'T mention marijuana AT ALL. you are within your legal rights as a resident of California (if your have a Recommendation ofcoarse). Why would you disclose all of your medical needs to anyone but your doctor (or your dog)?
*Drive around rather than searching adds. Often you will find more than one space available and property owners aren't getting paid for non occupied space.
*Be well dressed and friendly, if the owner/person likes you, your in.

Its really just like anything else bro...Just do it.
Do not make friends with your neighbors. Be friendly but not too friendly.
FJ

J

jigilous

Thanks Farmer Jon. Much respect for taking time to answer my question(s).

T

tomsawyer

Sounds like you are in NorCal. Humboldt craigslist is like that. I have some advice for you.

Offer $$$$

I offered my Land lord an extra $700 per month and he gave me the shop with the subpanel and said "go for it." Before that he had said "no growing".

Money Talks!

Otherwise, post an ad on craigslist with what you're willing to pay. It is so much easier to have permission than to have to deal with walkthrus

K

kingneddy

could i ask if you know of any farm work in CA?i would love to spend the summer in the emerald triangle.im experienced.

T

tomsawyer

could i ask if you know of any farm work in CA?i would love to spend the summer in the emerald triangle.im experienced.

Well I'd say come to the Plaza in the fall and wait to get picked up. But those days are over now, with all the big farmers buying Twisters now. Machine replaces man, once again...

MountainWalker

MountainWalker

Boom times are over here in Cali, for better or worse.

Top Bottom