How to run co2

• Thread starter JJP53
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JJP53

When running co2 should I run it constantly while the lights are on or in small increments every hour? How long should a 20lb tank last in a flowering grow room?

altimood

altimood

Your co2 should be ran during the the time that the lights are on only as this is the time the plants are photosynthesizing. The co2 should be kept at a rate of 1500 ppm (parts per million). Most flow regulators designed for horticultural use come with mathematical formulas to help you figure out where you need to be in comparison to the size of your grow space. The size of your room will dictate how long the 20lb tank will last. You could also use an atmospheric controller to monitor your room's co2 levels. I'd recommend running your room temperature at 80 degrees F if using co2. Dramatically taper the co2 down for the last second to last week of flowering to 600ppm. Then the last week of flower turn it off or let it run at 300ppm. Hope this helps mon! By the way, I'm about to try filling a 5x5 tent with the contents of a 20 lb tank to kill some root aphids. Has anyone tried this? Does it work? HELP! I got a 35 x 40 foot room to 5000 ppm for an hour with 2 -20 lb tanks. A friend and I were experimenting. You really need to be above 10,000 ppm to kill bugs, or anything for that matter so be careful if you're experimenting, but these damn things are in rockwool cubes so I don't know if its going to work or not. Root aphids are the worst.

OGONLY

OGONLY

Constantly while light are on yes. Get a CO2 controller to control the release of your CO2. Otherwise your wasting your time. A 20 lb. tank won't last long if your room is not perfectly sealed. A generator may be the best way to go depending. I run a generator.

How big is your room? What other info about your grow room? Ventilation during lights off? Sealed or no? Number and size of lights? # of plants?

When you start a thread its important to give as much of this info as possible. You'll get more responses.

J

JJP53

Room Size= 10 x 13 x 8 spare bed room
lights are self containted cooled
no ventelation during lights off
2 XXXL hoods 400 watt ballasts
8 plants

I ran a 20lb tank I got this monday and ran it maybe 15 hrs with my General Hydroponics regulator set at 10 and now I need to refill it

OGONLY

OGONLY

So I'm assuming you are using an A/C to cool the room? What type of A/C? How many hoses come off the back if it is portable?

Where does the air that cools your lights come from? Ideally the air that cools your lights is drawn from an area outside your grow room. Also, preferably from a place that supplies cool air, not hot attic air or dirty hot air from outside. If you are drawing air from the G room to cool your lights your CO2 is being wasted.

You need to get a controller or you are just guessing at levels. You could be running it too low to do anything, or maybe too high and just wasting it.

I'd say you're better off not running it at all if you don't do it right. It is something that needs to be really dialed in. If your environment is not right, it does no good. Have to be able to manage temps precisely as well with CO2.

J

JJP53

What kind of co2 generator do you run is it propane or natural gas? If it is propane what size propane tank do you use and how often do you have to fill it up?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
honestly you can get great results running about 1200 ppm from day 21-45 on a 60 day strain - add another 5 days for every week over 60 days

altimood

altimood

Thanks treehugger! I'll stick with prayers and liquid P! Root aphids suck! I know; start over, right? Damn.

OGONLY

OGONLY

I use a propane CO2 generator. Got the Cap Gen 1 generator and the CAP PPM3 CO2 controller for $400 on Craigslist. Absolutely one of my best C.L. pick ups.

I added an additional burner (it comes with 1 but it can run 4) to it and it runs perfectly. One standard size propane tank lasts 11 days. My room is pretty well sealed although the A/C pulls a bit of air through small cracks in door.

Burners do add heat so take that into consideration. You must have an a/c that can combat a rise in temp of up to 7 or so degrees. It gets a bit stressful on really hot days.

J

john007n

Thanks treehugger! I'll stick with prayers and liquid P! Root aphids suck! I know; start over, right? Damn.

i know this is a very onld thread but i was just doing some reading on co2 and i saw you had problems with these little buggers. i have had them azamax soil drench worked wonders for me also killed off soil gnats i had ounce as well...

Latest posts

Top Bottom